Code reactivation

by Real_WattsupSon

Original Post

Code reactivation

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had been playing Sims 3 for a couple months then I stopped for about a month and a half and now tried getting back into it. Now it's telling me I need to activate the game with my account. Except I already have used the code, so I can't "activate". Not to mention I use a friend's Origins account to get into the sims 3 launcher, log into my EA account in game and I still have my saves. I tried doing the live help multiple times and no one came.

Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: Code reactivation

@Real_WattsupSon  The fact that you're using a friend's account may in fact be the issue.  Not only is it against EA terms of service, it's the kind of thing that would flag an account and possibly block access.  If you want to play, you should try using your own account and see if that works any better.

EA customer support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight, Monday through Saturday,  And sometimes support is swamped with calls, for example when a Sims 4 patch breaks everything (as it did yesterday), so it stops taking requests for a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It worked on my account from march to early may. Then it stopped, then I did it on my friend's account for a day to see what was wrong. Also again, within Sims 3 I logged into my EA account and it worked perfectly fine had my saves

Message 3 of 4 (313 Views)

@Real_WattsupSon  The account or the game could have been blocked in May.  Your saves are stored locally on your computer and are not tied to your Origin account.

I still think you need to get in contact with support to make sure there's nothing wrong with the account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (298 Views)