Code entered, game updated, code in use

by Kunoichi89

Original Post

Code entered, game updated, code in use

★★ Novice

My computer doesn't read most of my Sims 3 expansion and stuff pack discs, so I searched for a solution. Cue downloading from Origin using product keys.
I started with Generations, and entered the product key/code. It recognises the code as being for Generations. I click through. It says that the Sims 3 has to be updated in order to install/download packs from Origin. Okay, so I update it. Generations does not appear anywhere in my Origin library, or in the Sims 3 launcher. I re-enter the code to try again and it says that it is already in use. Did I just have to "use up" Generations in order to update a game I have already been playing? Pls halp.

Message 1 of 4 (427 Views)

Re: Code entered, game updated, code in use

@Kunoichi89  Entering a code shouldn't "use up" that code, regardless of whether there's an update pending.  Try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, and see whether Generations is listed as owned: open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, and scroll down to Generations.  If it says Download, go ahead and download it.  If it says the pack is installed but it still isn't in the launcher, right-click on the Sims 3 icon in your game library and select Repair.

If Generations isn't listed as owned in Origin, clear its cache again and then uninstall Origin "the hard way" and reinstall.  This shouldn't affect your installed games.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If that doesn't help either, you'll need to contact EA customer support to find out what happened to your code.  Support is on limited hours right now: phone calls are unavailable entirely, and live chat is only open from 9 am to midnight GMT.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the response. There is no 'More' menu, nor does generations appear anywhere in Origin. If I open the Sims 3 through origin, it opens the Sims 3 launcher, and I can see some of my other expansions, but Generations is not on that list. The only thing I can see on Origin is a notification that there is a new expansion to install, but I have no idea how to clear that. If I click install packs from the launcher, it takes me back to Origin without any new options appearing.

Also, I used to be able to play the base game + late night (the only disc expansion I could use before), but since updating the game through Origin, I can't launch the game at all. It shows an error message from the launcher and closes automatically.

I'm going to uninstall Origin and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 4 (336 Views)

@Kunoichi89  In your third screenshot, the word More is under the last played date.  Click on that, then choose Expansion Packs, then scroll down to Generations and click Download.

The error when you try to launch the game may be related to the fact that Generations was installed and isn't anymore.  It's hard to say without knowing the exact error.  If installing Generations doesn't fix it, please post a screenshot of the error.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (314 Views)