Re: Code Already Used?

by roberta591

Original Post

Code Already Used?

★ Novice

Hello! So I have had an issue for the past day and a half where I was installing/redeeming back all my sims 3 expansion packs onto my new laptop. Keep in mind the expansion packs are on a disc and my laptop doesn't allow discs to be inserted so I have to redeem them. Anyways, basically all of them redeem/add to my sims but 2 of them. Every time I put the code in and press next twice it goes back to where you enter the code and says the code has already been entered which it hasn't. I check every time and the two packs aren't there the rest are though. Cheers to anyone who can help and btw the packs are Late Night & Generations. Have a good day everyone Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@footymadie  If you get the error about your code already been used thast means your pack is registered to another account. User accounts can not be accessed here. You need to contact EA customer service - link - EA customer service  They can research the issue.

Message 2 of 4 (278 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I have contacted 3 times and been told to go to ebay which are even worse to deal with and now it won't allow me to chat only call and I am not bothered to wait an hour on the phone. I just need a solution

Message 3 of 4 (266 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@footymadie  Did you buy the discs from an Ebay seller? Where the discs used? If you purchased the disc version and it was properly sealed that should be a legitimate sale. Ebay vendors can not sell codes only. Big box stores sell the packs as physical versions only. I have seen some store where the pack had been open. Either the code card was missing or the code had probably been copied. These stores get their product from a distributor other then EA. Like other products from a big box store or Ebay seller, when you have an issue with the sale you need to go back to the point of sale. If in fact you have the original code sheet you have a legitimate claim of ownership. If you in fact bought codes from an Ebay seller, those codes may have been (probably) acquired from a source that is not sanctioned by EA. I saw one Ebay seller guarantee his codes work for extra money. Ah, this is a major red flag. Here's how I think the scam works - the seller sells you s spoofed code - it may or may not work. If it doesn't work there is a percentage of people (like myself) that realize I got burnt on Ebay. Some will try to get a refund and the seller MAY give you a legitimate code just to make you happy. Some Ebay seller may have closed down and are operating under a new name. I'm guessing the percentage of Ebay sellers that do this realize a high percentage of profit. What you need to do if it was an Ebay purchase is contact the seller and see if you can resolve the problem. You could report the issue to Ebay and you MAY get a refund. Report the seller to the BBB if the seller was a company. If you have the disc with the jewel case and the sheet with the code I recommend you call EA back because you are the owner of that code and attempt some resolution. I recently bought an Xbox live code from an Ebay seller that would not work and after a few hours with some very rude lady(?) through chat I gave up and reported the incident to my card company. After days of troubleshooting this issue I find out that when I disabled automatic payments I couldn't redeem prepay cards. WHAT! And there is no way to turn automatic payment back on. Microsoft bit me again. After talking to a Xbox csr he was able to enable the prepaid card. I can't tell you how many times I typed the code into the stupid screen with a controller.

hth

Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)