Re: [TO TEST] [GT] Club Doors on community lots losing interactions

by Onyx-Citaro

Original Post

Club Doors on community lots losing interactions

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if this is something new or not but I haven't seen anything about it yet.

Doors on Community Lots - no interaction menu is available. So far, I've only noticed this with Lots in Windenburg I've renovated where I've kept the Club area; both via keeping the original Club Door and deleting it before replacing it in the new location. I've tested with and without moveobjects on for the placement of the doors and am only aware of this issue in Windenburg at South Square Coffee and Bathe de Ril so far as they're the lots I've done with Club Doors if the issue revolves around that. I have also renovated the Discotheque and Gym but not tested this out yet so I shall have see if it does, and will of course update where necessary

Message 1 of 14 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Onyx-Citaro

Hi,

I added a Club Door, I can set it for my club, same thing about the other doors.

Note: It only works if the sim is member of a club.

Message 2 of 14 (1,562 Views)

Hero

AFAIR there used to be interaction even if you weren't a member of the club. Not all of them but you could attempt some thing.

Unless my memory fails me. 

So maybe those are gone ?

I'll test later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've bad this problem with every door on the lot, not just club doors. The cog that normally appears next to the cursor doesn't come up when I move the cursor over any of the doors. This means that the interaction menu won't come up because the doors are no longer clickable objects in Live Mode. Which, in turn, doesn't allow me to lock the door in any way including for Club access.

I came out of the game shortly after posting the first comment so it might have reset itself back to normal but I've yet to test that theory. I also have an idea that if this theoretical reset doesn't happen and the door menu comes up on the other lots I've renovated without Club Areas, then I'll try and replace all the doors on the lot after deleting the special Club door. But again, will update as and when I can

Message 4 of 14 (1,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

In the Community lot, there is no interaction with the doors from the beginning.

Message 5 of 14 (1,549 Views)

Hero

Wasn't there some interaction to attempt secret knock or something ?

@Onyx-Citaro Does that happen on ANY house ? Any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,544 Views)

Hero

So I tested this.

While standard community doors have no interactions and never had, my club doors do, even if I'm not in the club

There's Attempt Secret Knock and Unlock on the door.

So I can't duplicate this issue.

Tagging @Onyx-Citaro for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,515 Views)

Hero

@Onyx-Citaro

Do you still have issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,489 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for not responding for a bit. I haven't actually been on that save for a bit. I don't have any mods or CC installed either, so it can't be a conflict. I'll test what I was going to in a coulle of days as the computer i use is a shared one. Thanks for all the replies by the way

Message 9 of 14 (1,483 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, I've worked out the glitch happens when the club doors are moved or replaced in build mode. This is regardless of whether I fully renovate the lot or not. Personally, this isn't something that bothers me at the moment, but I thought it would be best highlighting this issue as I know that other players will probably be a bit miffed about this. And, as normal doors no longer have interactions on Community Lots, we can't even use them to act as a club door.

Club doors don't have interactions on residential lots either, which doesn't probably matter as much because you can set access to clubs on any door on a residential lot anyway. Regardless of whether or not this issue bothers me, I still feel it is worth mentioning so The Sims team can try and fix it. Thanks for the help and advice offered on this occasion

Message 10 of 14 (1,465 Views)