Re: Clothing missing in create a sim.

by nottsgman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Clothing missing in create a sim.

★★ Novice

When I am in create a sim I find that outfits dont pop up for every sim, even if I try narrowing it down to find one in particular? Im not sure why some attire isnt showing up but will for other sim characters? It is very frustrating. 

For example, there is a one piece athletic outfit (Mathcing tank/shorts and a weightbelt) It doesnt show up in athleticwear so if i go to onepiece and put either masculine or feminine it still wont show up. If I do the same thing for another sim I created the outfit will show up?

Does this have to do with traits? are certain outfits only available to certain traits?

I havent got a clue what im doing wrong!

Message 1 of 5 (4,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

the outfit you mentioned (tank, shorts and weight belt) is a career outfit, and can only be used by a family with a sim who unlocked it. there are other outfits that act the same way like other career outfits and festival shirts.

even when you have them unlocked in a family, they aren't filtered by athletic etc. I'm fairly sure they are all classed as 'everyday'. you can easily find them, if they're unlocked, by removing the athletic filter and filtering by unlocks

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (4,371 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @JenessaOomZ

no, outfits aren't filtered by traits. Only age/gender.

Does it just not show up for that one Sim or what's about the ratio if you try multiple Sims ?

Are you using any custom content in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (4,389 Views)

★ Guide

the outfit you mentioned (tank, shorts and weight belt) is a career outfit, and can only be used by a family with a sim who unlocked it. there are other outfits that act the same way like other career outfits and festival shirts.

even when you have them unlocked in a family, they aren't filtered by athletic etc. I'm fairly sure they are all classed as 'everyday'. you can easily find them, if they're unlocked, by removing the athletic filter and filtering by unlocks

Message 3 of 5 (4,372 Views)

Hero
Thanks @nottsgman for pointing that out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (4,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! That would make sense.

Sometimes if I download a sim from the gallery and I want to change their traits I will use the cheat code cas.fulleditmode.

Message 5 of 5 (4,344 Views)