Re: Clothing and Skin Changes Won't Stay

by PaulaRoet

Original Post

Clothing and Skin Changes Won't Stay

★★★★ Novice

Since the update with the bug, a week ago, I've attempted to change the clothing of my Sim in CAS, but as soon as I exit CAS, the clothing did not stay and the Sim remains the same.

Also, my alien sim randomly turned pink.  She was originally blue.  I used cheat codes to alter her skin back to blue, but it won't stay.  As soon as I exit CAS, it is back to pink. It gave her some weird clothing, too -- glasses with pajamas, so I really want to be able to change it.

I installed the latest update today.  It did not fix this particular issue.  I had already done a complete reinstall after that update last week.  

I'm thinking this is another odd bug.

PC version, Windows 10

Message 1 of 8 (992 Views)

@PaulaRoet  Are you using mods or custom content, and if so, have you tried without?  You can use "save as" to make a copy of your save, so your original remains intact and you can freely experiment on the copy.

Please also test in a new save, for comparison.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will do this and report back.  Thanks. 

Message 3 of 8 (971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I exited the game and removed ALL custom content by removing the MODS folder.  I reloaded and I still have the same problem. 

Message 4 of 8 (952 Views)

@PaulaRoet  If you didn't delete localthumbcache.package already, please do so now.  It stores some cached info, including I think about sims' appearances.

Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Copy your save to the new folder, but nothing else, and see whether the same problem happens again.

Message 5 of 8 (939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope.  Her skin and clothing changes still won't stay.  I think it is a bug in the latest update.  

Message 6 of 8 (915 Views)

@PaulaRoet  If it's a bug in the latest update, it should affect new saves as well.  Could you test on one, for comparison?  I know that aliens made in CAS aren't full aliens, but maybe they'd be affected anyway.

Message 7 of 8 (898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll try a new game for experimenting.  She wasn't made in CAS.  Her father was abducted and gave birth to her. Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (880 Views)