Re: Clothes Disappearing!!!

by CMeki

Original Post

Clothes Disappearing!!!

★★ Novice

Ok, so I have this weird problem within my game where I'll be playing and everything seems normal and then randomly the clothes start disappearing off of my sims in game randomly. For example, I was at a bar and my sims were talking to each other, next thing you know the clothes disappeared off of everyone on the lot except for my sim.  Shirts, Pants, Shoes, and even hair and I don't know why. Has anyone else been having this problem or know what to do? 

Message 1 of 4 (4,750 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DeijaM

Do you have mods in your game?

Message 2 of 4 (4,736 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I have Mods. None of this weird stuff really started happening until the Pets Patch. Ever since little inconveniences keep popping up. 

Message 3 of 4 (4,725 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DeijaM

Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working. In your case, I would focus on number 2 and 3. Number 2 fixes mods like scripts, traits and such, while nr 3 focuses on cc like CAS-stuff and buy-objects.

1. If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  2. If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list. Also check the solution number 3.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch
  3. Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc. There are 2 major fixes after Cats&Dogs
  4. Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  5. Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4 (4,722 Views)