by Tahidii

Original Post

Clones won't autonomously sleep

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Luxury Party Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make bunch of clones of the same sim, give them each a bed (claim) and lock the doors to their rooms from other sims. Have other resting places like sofas on the lot and a coffee machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cloned sims do not autonomously sleep, when their energy need is low. Instead they will continue to do other stuff (like browse the web) through the night, while sipping coffee. Some will nap on sofas, but only after their energy is very low. The sims slept in random beds, before I locked the rooms for a specific sim. Now they won't sleep unless I tell them to. The original sim seems to sleep and function normally and so did her SO, before she died.
What do you expect to see? Sims should (to my understanding) seek a bed they have claimed, when their energy need is yellow or lower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Apparently when returning from work, the clones will stay on the sidewalk and do nothing, even if they are nearly passing out (in which case they will nap on the nearby benches)

Message 1 of 7 (573 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [GTW] Clones won't autonomously sleep

Hero

HI @Tahidii

since the bed assignment is broken, this might be connected.

If you unlock the doors again, do they at least go back to sleeping in a random bed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (534 Views)

★★★ Novice

I unlocked all doors and let the sims do what they wanted for one day. Only one sim went to sleep at a reasonable time (11pm). Only 4/8 sims slept at all. One sims first napped 2 times, then switched beds and began sleeping.

Some sims, when returning from work, would stand in front of the lot and do nothing for hours. One sim napped on a nearby bench and wet herself, not tending to her needs.

But yes, they do sleep in random beds, if they decide to sleep.

Message 3 of 7 (525 Views)

Hero
I tried this with two clones in my game (no locking doors). One was the clone of the clone and both were taking care of their needs as they should.

The bed assignment issue has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Bed-ownership-is-being-ignored/td-p/6874295/jump-to/fir...

Going to tag this as needs input for now to see if others see this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (516 Views)

Hero

Hi @Tahidii

since the bug assignment  bug is fixed, could you retest this ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (485 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict

Did some testing after the patch, and they now seem to sleep and tend to their needs much more autonomously.

Message 6 of 7 (473 Views)

Hero
Moving this to the tech forum for now.

Feel free to come back if you have further issues

@Tahidii

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (464 Views)