Clock froze,sims stuck in loop, but surroundings kept going

by mellow234

Original Post

Clock froze,sims stuck in loop, but surroundings kept going

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, vampires, get to work, city living, dine out, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? happened when i sped up the clock to triple speed
What happens when the bug occurs? the clock froze, the sims were stuck in their action loops but the 'world' was normal ie the sun kept going round and the water still had ripples and the trees were still swaying
What do you expect to see? the clock continue normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After playing the game for a few hours, the clock just froze and the sims were stuck in their action loops ie nodding their heads repeatedly. However the game actions such as the sun going round and ripples on the water continued they weren't frozen. I tried to make a save as but that wouldn't load and when i tried normal save normally, the saving icon was then stuck and didnt save my game. in the end I had to force close the game and lost everything. Why did this happen nothing like this has happened before? game is fully up to date had just installed the new patch that day.

Message 1 of 10 (13,252 Views)

Re: Clock froze,sims stuck in loop, but surroundings kept going

Do you have any mods or custom content (CC) in your game? Could you test without?
You can just move the folder to a location outside the Electronic Arts folder.
If the game works without your CC and mods in, your issue is probably caused by a broken mod or CC.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since the Jungle Adventure game pack over here:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018

If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (13,219 Views)

Hero
Hi @mellow234

please remove your mods as Phantom suggested and if that doesn't help:

Do you play in an Apartment or house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (13,205 Views)

Hero

Tagging @mellow234 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (13,168 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

We do have new reports for this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-jumping-back-Sims-freezing/m-p/6882169 but OPs issue might be mod related/one time thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (13,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well this was useless. I have this issue and no I don't have any mods. Game clock starts at 2:02 am and goes to 2:45 am wherein the clock stops but all animation continues. Nothing cna be interacted with, pressing pause still shows active animation, going to build mode still shows active animation. Save does not work. Exit does not work.  I have to control alt delete to get out.  It has done this a dozen with no change 

Message 6 of 10 (12,800 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, in case anyone else faces this issue I'll detail my workaround. 

Evicting the household, saving the lot and bulldozing the house before replacing the lot and moving the household back in didn't work at all. The save file itself seems to be the whole issue.  A new save on a new game had no issues at all. 

So my workaround was:

The basic idea is to save your lot in build mode and then save your household in edit Cas. Then start a new game with a new save, find your lot, evict whoever lives there (if someone lives there), bulldoze the lot if another house is there and put down your house and move in your house hold (I used a very large lot so I had to do both of these). You won't be able to keep any of your money so if your house is expensive (and it probably will be moving all of your stuff with it) you'll have to move your household onto a cheaper lot, use the money cheats to get your cash back and then move into your house. 

This didn't work exactly like that for me. I have NPCs in my world I wanted to take with me that wouldn't transfer over and collectibles in storage that wouldn't transfer over.  To get around the collectibles issue I just took everything out of storage and threw it on the floor so it would be saved with the lot.  This was the only way to get all of my perfect quality plantables to the new save. 

As far as the NPCs I had to invite them to my lot and then add them to my family before saving the household. This was a pain in the * since my clock was stuck at 2:02am when all other NPCs are sleeping and won't visit the lot.  But I found out I could move the clock forward if I saved before 43 game minutes had passed.  So I kept inching the clock forward 40 game minutes at a time, saving, ending the game and reloading for another 40 game minutes so on and so forth until it was 6:30am game time and I could invite the NPCs over.

Also, I'm doing an alphabetical 26 generation challenge wherein the first generation's names start with A, the second B, the third C so on and so forth.  I set up a basement crypt where I keep paintings of each generation along with their urns. Moving the lot into the new save renders your urns useless which really breaks the immersion for me as I was on generation E.  I like to go down there and look at my progress and read the epitaphs.  To get around this (and this isn't really a cheat as it is more of a work intensive trick) in the new save I kept inviting new NPCs to the lot, renaming them after each family member's urn I needed to replace and then killing them for their urn.  Then I rewrote the epitaphs and replaced the non functional urns with the new ones.  I may know it's not the real urn, but for all intents and purposes I have interactable urns with the correct names and epitaphs again.  Except for losing creation credit on all paintings (the paintings themselves transfered over) everything seems to be the exact same and working on the new save.  I lost all the repair parts I'd saved and all the fruits and veggies I kept in the fridge but only because I didn't want to throw down 50 or so objects per item when I could regrow and replace them over time. 

This took a lot of time and effort and I'm really irritated that 1700 hours into the game I have to do this because an update screwed the game up (it worked perfectly fine before the update yesterday) but at least I can still continue with this family on this challenge instead of having to start all over. 

Message 7 of 10 (12,784 Views)

Sims time freezing but sims still move around and I can't click on anything.

★ Novice

So three days ago my sims 4 game started to get slow and time would stick every now and then. Now it's happening as soon as I click on my saved family. Time stops moving at 2:07 every time but my sims will still.move around in the background. I am unable to click on anything. I try to save it and it just spins and spins but never stops. I am forced to shut down my computer every time. I've cleaned out my computer and deleted cache files, cookies, etc. Thought that would help but it didn't. But I tested a theory last night. I clicked on another saved family I had in the menu and there are no problems with it. It doesn't freeze time or glitch. Then I went back to my saved family I've been having issues with and it freezes time...I bought snowy escape when it came out. I had no issues with it until three days ago. So I am not sure it's that or not. Is there a way to fix that saved family in the menu?

Message 8 of 10 (12,783 Views)

Re: Sims time freezing but sims still move around and I can't click on anything.

Community Manager

Hey @mhalin01 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (12,760 Views)

Re: Sims time freezing but sims still move around and I can't click on anything.

Community Manager

Hey, Simmers!

I recommend checking out this post below as we've locked this current one. 

Relevant post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/td-...

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (12,743 Views)