Re: Clicking and Holding issues.

by meinkatz

Original Post

Clicking and Holding issues.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, My first Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown how to cause. With bug in place try holding middle mouse button to move camera (in Sims 3 camera mode), or in CAS drag part of Sim's face to edit.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug happens with the camera (both Sims 3 and normal) I cannot turn the camera without it violently moving even with gentle movements of the mouse. This bug also happens in CAS, where if I am to drag out a feature it will move absurdly quickly.
What do you expect to see? I expect a slight movement of the mouse to reflect a slight movement in game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated my game.

I have repaired my game, and have tested my mouse on other applications. This issue is only seen in TS4 and is not an issue with my mouse. 

Message 1 of 8 (400 Views)

Hero
@LeScarlett Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Are you using reshade ? Have you tried changing the sensitivity of your mouse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No, I am not currently nor have I ever used reshade. Also, yes I have tried changing the sensitivity of the mouse. However this mouse issue seems to be only affecting TS4 as I have opened TS3 and am not having the same camera issues in live mode. 

Message 3 of 8 (343 Views)

@LeScarlett  Try turning off Origin in-game.  To access the global setting, hover over your username and select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header.  You may need to disable it specifically for Sims 4 as well.  Right click on the TS4 icon in your game library, then select Properties, and untick the box for Origin in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (329 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and I did everything you said above! SOS

Message 5 of 8 (284 Views)

@meinkatz  Turn off any other overlays you have running: Steam, Discord, that kind of thing.  If that doesn't help, try a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

Message 6 of 8 (257 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict How can I contact you? I have been having issues for a month. I found one of your old post and it worked until yesterday when I purchased a new expansion pack for the sims 3. And it destroyed everything I had ... and zero help from origin. They even managed to delete two other packs from my library
Message 7 of 8 (253 Views)

@clairecoffee  Please create a new thread in the Sims 3 section and describe the issue in more detail.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ct-p/the-sims-3-en

Message 8 of 8 (251 Views)