Re: Clicked on worlds, Lots not loading

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Clicked on worlds, Lots not loading

★ Novice

So, after the July 20th 2021 base game update for the new game pack Cottage Living (which I pre-ordered), I encountered two issues. One is already taken care of, the other...not so much. First time getting back on the game after the update, I pressed a saved game and it was stuck on the loading screen. I restarted my computer to get out of the game a couple of times to try again after repairing the game, but the issue was still occurring. I tried deleting some old mods like MC Command Center (since the uploader said they won't get to their computer until at least Friday) and that got me past the loading screen. I ended up creating a new household (to play with the new pack) and thought I would be good since the loading screen issue was....fixed? I guess? I picked the season and I picked a world (didn't matter which one) but when the lots should be showing up, the screen was white. Is this just an update issue? Should I wait until all the major mods I have get updated or delete a ton of CC? Should I wait until the game pack get released and downloaded to my computer to play? 

These are the packs I have (including pre-orders) in order of Expansion, Game, Stuff, and Kit:

Legacy Edition

Get to Work

Get Together

City Living

Cats & Dogs

Seasons

Get Famous

Island Living

Discover University

Eco Lifestyle

Snowy Escape

Cottage Living (pre-ordered)

------

Dine Out

Vampires

Parenthood

Jungle Adventure

StrangerVille

Realm of Magic

Dream Home Decorator

------

Movie Hangout 

Romantic Garden

Kids Room

Vintage Glamour

Fitness

Toddler

Laundry Day

My First Pet

Moschino

Tiny Living

Nifty Knitting

Paranormal

------

Bust the Dust

Message 1 of 7 (6,954 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@youallaremysons  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a(nother) new save and see whether it works properly.

If you get another white screen, or have any other issues, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (6,918 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@youallaremysons  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a(nother) new save and see whether it works properly.

If you get another white screen, or have any other issues, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 7 (6,919 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, the second solution with placing The Sims 4 folder onto "Desktop" worked! Now that I have a new save, do I add my mods and CC back now or wait for all pre-ordered packs to download before I start adding stuff onto the game again?

Message 3 of 7 (6,895 Views)

@youallaremysons  I'd let Origin install anything it wants to first, then open the game again and check to make sure everything still works.  If it does, you can start testing your existing content.  Please keep in mind that many of your mods and perhaps some of your cc items may be broken; for the mods at least, it might be easier to download new versions confirmed compatible with the current patch level.  Everything else needs to be manually tested.

When you have your mods and cc sorted out, you can add any saves you want to keep and go back to playing.

Message 4 of 7 (6,885 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'll do that, thank you so much!
Message 5 of 7 (6,873 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you use it, TwistedMexi's TOOL mod was causing me to see blank white screens instead of world maps. It was only happening to me in the new Cottage Living world, though.

Just a heads-up in case it helps.

Message 6 of 7 (6,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes! I forgot how TwistedMexi's TOOL mod can mess things up. Updated it and got rid of the blank world map. Thanks

Message 7 of 7 (6,825 Views)