Re: Clean re-installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Clean re-installation

★★★ Newbie

I noticed that my version of Sims 4 was very choppy, but another user on the same PC was running just fine on Ultra. I think the issue is that I had run some mods on it before and not all of them were completely bug-free. I have un-installed and re-installed the game, even deleting the Sims 4 folder from my Documents folder (Windows 10 64-bit), but it's still lagging, so I wonder if some of the old mod code is still floating around somewhere.

How can I do a full clean re-install? I have set up a new Windows profile and that seems to work, but all my personal settings are still under the original user settings, so it's a minor inconvenience to swap back and forth just to play a game. 

Message 1 of 2 (268 Views)

Re: Clean re-installation

Hero

If you had the game reset the game folder, it should be fine so maybe it's some other setting that's messing up on that Windows user.

I assume a new folder was create in the place you were expecting it. I'm asking this cause sometimes the game uses the OneDrive folder instead but to rule that out, you can check which folder the game uses this way: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Do you have anything set differently in your graphics settings for that profile (not in the game but on your AMD/NVidia/.. settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (242 Views)