City Living Elevator Locked?

by sweetlilpsycho

Original Post

Accepted Solution

City Living Elevator Locked?

★ Apprentice

This is a weird one.  My sim cannot use the elevator, and neither can anyone else.  When I try to direct him to "go downstairs," he waves his arm around and a thought bubble pops up with a lock in it.  I have never seen this before, and haven't seen anything posted about it in any Sims 4 forums.  I have tried resetting the object with testingcheats and nothing.  Additionally, one of my neighbors refuses to go home and I can't tell her "goodbye" or "go away."  I do have mods, and I've done a conflict check, but there shouldn't be any reason it's doing this, I've run games in apartments with these mods before with no issues!

Elevator Locked.png

Message 1 of 8 (8,496 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: City Living Elevator Locked?

Hero (Retired)
@sweetlilpsycho

Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game It can be broken CC objects in the apartment or broken script mods.
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (8,456 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@sweetlilpsycho

Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game It can be broken CC objects in the apartment or broken script mods.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (8,457 Views)

★ Apprentice

@kreatora wrote:
@sweetlilpsycho

3 Fix the game in Origin

I don't work for EA

Thanks so much!  I think clearing the cache files probably got the gunk out.  I was trying to do 50/50 but it was still happening with an empty mods folder.

I isolated the issue to a pregnancy mod that makes pregnant sims' baby bumps a little more realistic (i.e. smaller).  Just tossing this out there in case others have the elevator problem and need an example of a mod that does, in fact, mess with game scripts, even though it's a package file.

Message 3 of 8 (8,429 Views)

★★ Novice
@sweetlilpsycho THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION like why did I just see this today I've been having the elevator issue for about a year now but this is LIFE-SAVING tip! THANK YOU SO MUCH
Message 4 of 8 (7,496 Views)

★ Novice

I'm playing on console so I can't use mods to fix this issue. I'm trying my best not to use cheats because it messes with the achievement system on console.

My neighbors are just lingering in the hallway, with their needs decaying.. they live right next door and yet they won't go home!! I placed them so my sims could have a family with kids next door, but this issue is driving me crazy.

Also the snow outside blocked my door and no one can leave my building once they show up. My sims can't go for their morning jogs anymore. Very frustrating. 

Do I just have to wait for a patch or what? 

Message 5 of 8 (7,335 Views)

★ Guide

Same my Sims cant access the Elevator's in City Living, Eco Lifestyle & Discover University anything that have an Elevator.

Message 6 of 8 (6,092 Views)

★ Novice

Just use teleport cheat

Message 7 of 8 (1,824 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're still needing help on this issue, please create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (1,798 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help