Re: Cinematic Mode (Tab) and WASD not working

by I_Sneeez

Original Post

Cinematic Mode (Tab) and WASD not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Univercity, Pets, Get together, City Living, Get to work, Vampires, DIne out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Press Tab or WASD keys in live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pressing Tab only pans the camera backwards, as if pressing S. WASD keys don't do anything.
What do you expect to see? The game switching into cinematic mode when pressing tab / the camera moving according to the pressed key with WASD.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm at a complete loss with this bug, I've tried everything. Thought it was my mods first but even without them it doesn't work.

I've tried keyboard language settings, that doesn't work either. Reinstalled Sims 4, deleted the Documentary folder - doesn't work.

The last time it worked was about December 2019, specifically the 20th. I haven't played for some time after that, so I thought it might be a patchnote bug but I'm unsure.

Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 7 (1,712 Views)

Hero
@I_Sneeez So you never actually enter tab mode ? Personally got no issues with this.

What's your keyboard layout ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,698 Views)

★★ Novice

I used to be able to enter it before, just not anymore after like 7 months.
I have the basic german keyboard with QWERTZ. I have been playing with this same layout for ages so I doubt its a keyboard issue.

Message 3 of 7 (1,674 Views)

Hero
@I_Sneeez Wonder if any background programs are interfering. Do you have an AMD graphics card ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,615 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I dont. I use nvidia. I will try and see if any programs that run in the background may be the problem.

Message 5 of 7 (1,590 Views)

Hero
@I_Sneeez Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,560 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict @puzzlezaddict (You tried helping someone with this issue over here),

I had this same exact issue and after a lot of trial and error I found what caused the problem.

You must have your Windows display language set to English (United States). If this is not the case, you will not be able to get into Cinematic mode as Tab will pan your view down and Backspace will pan right. WASD and arrow keys will just plain not do anything.

You can set your Keyboard layout and your Regional format to whatever you want, but English (United States) has to be the top language under Preferred Languages. (see attached screenshot).

I hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue in the future.

Message 7 of 7 (1,520 Views)