Re: Cinematic Camera and First Person View aren't working in my game.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cinematic Camera and First Person View aren't working in my game.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I only have the base game and the free stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When clicking the Tab key it doesn't go into cinematic camera and neither does the first person view with shift + tab work properly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of going into the "mode" it's supposed to go into, it moves the camera back away as if I were zooming out horizontally to where the camera is positioned. It happens with both tab and with shift+tab it does it faster.
What do you expect to see? I try to go into the cinematic view or the first person view, with the respective keys, but it zooms out horizontally to where the camera positioned instead, with shift+tab it does it faster.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just got the game today, since it's free until the 28th of this month, and when I tried entering the two "modes", cinematic camera and first-person view, it wouldn't let me at all. I have no CC or mods at the moment installed in the game.

Message 1 of 10 (2,929 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I found a way to fix the problem, but i still don't understand why the game ended up with the problem in the first time, it's strange. Someone in my house also got the game after me and theirs didn't have issues with this, so they gave me a copy of their The Sims 4 folder and I also repaired the game and it fixed

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,823 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @BunnieFaery 

could you try moving this file to the desktop to see if that fixes the issue: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\VideoCameraStates\VideoCameraStates.ini

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried looking for it, but I can't find it in the sims 4 folder in document.

Message 3 of 10 (2,887 Views)

Hero
What's your keyboard layout ? Country ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,876 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info, @BunnieFaery 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I found a way to fix the problem, but i still don't understand why the game ended up with the problem in the first time, it's strange. Someone in my house also got the game after me and theirs didn't have issues with this, so they gave me a copy of their The Sims 4 folder and I also repaired the game and it fixed

Message 6 of 10 (2,824 Views)

Hero
Sounds like one of the user files was at fault then (or repairing helped) :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It seems so Standard smile 

Thanks for responding and trying to help, I appreciate it. @crinrict 

Message 8 of 10 (2,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What happens if I don't have a friend so they can transfer me the file? What should I do in order to fix it? Maybe downlod the game again?

Message 9 of 10 (179 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'd be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (160 Views)