Re: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

by excius

Original Post

★★ Novice

I am replying to the post above. I got the Russian edition from origin which only has 3 language choices like the poster above. Copying the language files and changing the registry does not help. It gives an error that the user is not entitled to play in this language. Your only recourse at this moment is to contact EA and get a refund for the game. Then use a vpn to connect to any of the English speaking countries' origin.com and buy the game from there. That will give you the game in English.

Message 21 of 121 (2,618 Views)

Hero

I've been asking around and I find it still very strange that some of you can't download in English.

The only countries (did not check asia) I found restrictions for are: Poland, Russia, Czech

It does depend where you bought your key though. If you bought the DVD or the Origin download, it should be all languages for most countries. If you bought keys from not autorised key sellers, it might be a one language key.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 121 (2,606 Views)

★★★ Novice

Crin, where exaclty do you mean? When I check the supported languages in the game's page in the store, it has all of them available, but when I scroll ALL the way down the page, where I can choose the language of the entire store, not only the game, I have only brazilian portuguese available.

Message 23 of 121 (2,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me. Redownloading it now but i am already regretting for buying the sims 4 or anything from orgin at all.

Will most likely be the last game i'll buy anyway as i heard about the issues with sim city and now this with the sims 4.

Exactly the reason why i only buy stuff from steam. Always works like it supposed to work.

I could list more issues i currently have with the orgin launcher and stuff but this isnt the topic for that.

I might even just request a refund and be done with it.

Message 24 of 121 (2,531 Views)

Hero

I mean this

Langauages.jpg

But now I'm confused so let me double check.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 121 (2,509 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@thinking_kiwi
This is because the store's language is limited to the country you are in (in your case, Brazilian PT), whereas the edition of the game is not following these restrictions.

Language availability on the store has been set this way ever since the new version of Origin/Origin store came out, about a year ago. It does not affect the game's languages. In your case, your edition has all languages available, afaik. Standard smile

Does that answer your question?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 26 of 121 (2,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

He is talking about the bottem sidebar.

If you click on store, and scroll all the way down ypu get the company information links.

There you can select in what language the store is shown. I happen to strumble upon it because even though most people in my country speak dutch it is shown in french on standard.

I do not think that will interfere with and language installment.

Message 27 of 121 (2,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can i bring to attention that even though there are alot of issues with the language there has not been a single responds on it from ea officials. But on a question regarding store language what has nothing to do with the ingame language and thereby the core problem does not get a single official ea responds.

On a sidenote, reinstalling the game changed the game to the  english language but i still think it's absurd that i need to reinstall for it.

Message 28 of 121 (2,534 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
This is a user support community. I've jumped into this thread because @crinrict brought it to my attention and thought we could help clear things out.

I'm currently reinstalling the game in my own mother tongue for testing purposes.

I do agree that having to reinstall is a bit bothersome, but remember you can always copy the files into a different folder, uninstall, restart the install, pause it and copy the files back in, and restart it. If I'm correct it should perform a check for which files need to be downloaded, and since you'll have pretty much everything already, be much faster.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 29 of 121 (2,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My suggestion would be to make the language packs available for download. And for those not having enough know how to play around with regedit, make it an installation program. I am no programmer myself but i wouldnt think it would take alot of effort to quickly make a installation program to install said language packs where you get to choose the language you want to play. That is if it is just a matter of putting the language pack in the folder and change the regedit.

I do not know if the language pack has commands coming  from and going to the game that makes said solution impossible.

Message 30 of 121 (2,517 Views)