How do I change the language of my Sims 4 game from Polish to English?

by homunculus420

Original Post

Choosing Language

[ Edited ]
Hero

UPDATE 2015-05-30

There is now an easier possibility to change the language. Please make sure to opt in Origin Beta since it's not available on the current version of Origin.

Instructions can be found here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/choose-the-language/

The same language restrictions apply though.

Please first if you have the DVD version, you should be able to choose your language from the drop-down box of the installation process. If you don't have that, that's an indication that your game is downloading instead of installing from disc.

If you install through Origin, you do not get that option. The game usually installs in the language of your Origin client. If you're language is not supported in it, it will default to something else (don't know what).

The following languages are supported

Spoiler
English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, and Korean.

For Poland, Russia: Only Polish, Russian, Czech are avaible

If you have the DVD Version, please check your box for an indication what language your game will be in. If you're not happy with what you were given, return them to the seller.

If you have the Download version, the Origin Store page will tell you what languages are availble to you. Check there.

Langauages.jpg

You may post here if you have further issues, but please include the following info

1. Do you have the Download or DVD Version ?
  2. For the DVD version, did you get a dropdown menu to choose and if so, what languages did you have ?
  3. In what country are you currently located ?
  4. Which edition did you buy ?
  5. From which retailer did you buy the game?
  6. If you did not buy it online, in which city is the store located?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 121 (24,793 Views)

How do I change the language of my Sims 4 game from Polish to English?

★★★★ Novice

I bought my game in Poland, but I prefer to play in English. I have Origin's lanugage setting on English and that worked for previous Sims games, however  this time the game presented three options for installation: Czech, Polish, and Russian. No English on the list.

Is there a way to change the language? Or is there some kind of regional language restriction? And if there is, does it also apply to the disc version of the game? (cuz then I'd return the digital version and get the disc instead if thats true)

Message 1 of 121 (35,428 Views)

Re: How do I change the language of my Sims 4 game from Polish to English?

Hero (Retired)

@homunculus420 I have moved your topic from the Origin forums to the Sims 4 section. Please do not create Sims 4 topics on the Origin section.

As mentioned in this thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-HERE-For-any-type-of-issues-with-The-Sims-4/td-p/3432433

Thanks.

Message 2 of 121 (35,311 Views)

★★ Novice

1. Click start then run or Press Windows Key + R to open regedit 2. type regedit in the run box (if you click start then run) and press enter 3. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/­Maxis/The Sims 4 and double click on Key string named "Locale" and change the value to "en_US" and save 5. start your SIMS 4 and the language will be in english.

Message 3 of 121 (34,730 Views)

Community Manager

If the language isn't available for your copy of the game, this won't work, and can break your install until the change is reverted.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 121 (33,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi. you are frome uk??   i can change with you a need polish version,i send you massage

Message 5 of 121 (32,242 Views)

How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

★ Novice

I have multipule computers in the house. when I start the sims 4 up it automatically connects to origin and I need to know how to stop it from connecting so more than one person can play the game at the same time.

Message 6 of 121 (27,887 Views)

Re: How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

same here bought accidently the EN version.

I want to play the game in dutch Frown

Message 7 of 121 (27,828 Views)

Language question.

★ Novice

Ok so it seems that the game is language locked (that really suck) , mine i blocked english cause i buy it on an english site (i'm french).

My question is: if i bought any future DLC in French, what's going to happen ? base game in English and dlc content in french ? or all in english, or all in french ?

Message 8 of 121 (24,724 Views)

Re: Language question.

Hero

@Shanwee Moved your post. Could you please answer the questions in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 121 (24,717 Views)