Re: Thermostats are glitched (City Living: Penthouse)

by sapphiretiger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chilled moodlet despite turned on thermostat (Penthouse)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Spa Day, Dine Out, Movie Hangout Stuff, and Movie Night Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Purchase the penthouse apartment in San Myshuno. 2. Place a thermostat. 3. Turn on the thermostat. 4. Watch your sims become chilled.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim, while in their home, gets chilled from the outside weather even if the thermostat is set to on (warm).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim be warm/cool (depending on the season) when using the thermostat the right way and being inside their home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://imgur.com/apGy6ZC 

Message 1 of 7 (3,303 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you at any point after turning the thermostat on put it in the household inventory? If so try turning it off and on again. That might not be the issue but I figured I'd ask just in case.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,404 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you at any point after turning the thermostat on put it in the household inventory? If so try turning it off and on again. That might not be the issue but I figured I'd ask just in case.

Message 2 of 7 (3,405 Views)

Hero
Do you have this issue only in your penthouse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (3,256 Views)

Hero

Hi @DayDreamer0215

I have no issues wit this

Did you build your own penthouse or is this Maxis standard ? Did you try @ylvglo suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,170 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yea, your solution worked just fine. I moved my sim family into the penthouse from an apartment (the thermostat was moved from the apartment and was still set to warm). I set on and off (reloaded also, just in case).

Message 5 of 7 (3,153 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yea, I did what ylvglo suggested. Also, just for information, the penthouse was the maxis standard one.
Message 6 of 7 (3,149 Views)

★ Apprentice
  • This solved it for me too many thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (2,100 Views)