Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chillbox 2100 is missing its footprint resource

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work Get Together City Living, but not installed Cats and Dogs, Seasons Seasons GP: Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Dine Out Vampires Parenthood Jungle Adventure SP: Luxury Party Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Spooky Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Backyard Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Fitness Stuff Laundry Day Stuff My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place the refrigerator "Chillbox 2100" from "Get To Work" on a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fridge is not placeable - "object is missing its footprint resource"
What do you expect to see? A footprint resource fix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The refrigerator "Chillbox 2100" from "EP - Get To Work" is not placeable - Error message "object is missing its footprint resource"

Screenshot_3 (2).png

Screenshot_2 (2).png

I can not say for sure since when this error exsist, because I never used this fridge before. But yesterday when trying to place this GTW fridge I realized this error. I tested the fridge with and without mods/CC. So just thought to inform you about this.

Message 1 of 14 (2,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Chillbox 2100 is missing its footprint resource

★ Pro

City-Living is the only one purchased but not installed, because of "lacking" diversity. And why should an over 1 year ago uninstalled pack cause the GTW fridge problem? I really don't think so.

Since the st...* fridge kept bugging me I re-installed everything from scratch. Cleaned out Origin also, and now the fridge works! Still no clue what the problem was. Thanks for hanging in there with me and trying to help Standard smile I guess we can close this thread, or mark it as solved. At least for me, unless someone else is also running into this issue.

View in thread

Message 9 of 14 (2,295 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Have you tried repairing your game? I tested this in my game tonight while I was working on a lot and I didn't run into this issue.

Message 2 of 14 (2,371 Views)

★ Pro

I always make sure to go through all the repair procedure incl. generating a new game folder before I make a bug report. It's only this particular GTW fridge. All the others are working fine. So I'm pretty sure that the problem is not on my end. There are also 2 of the same hat styles (double) with same swatches in CAS which isn't my fault either.

Message 3 of 14 (2,360 Views)

Hero

I also tested this in my game and have no troubles.

What kind of lot are you trying to place it on ? Home lot ? Retail Lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

The first test was on a private lot inside a house. I  tested it again outside and inside 3 hours ago in a brand new game and still get the same error.

Screenshot_3.png

No clue what the problem is with this fridge in my game. Not that I need this fridge, but it makes me wonder what's wrong with it since every other fridge is working just fine.

It's the refrigerator "Chillbox 2100" from "EP - Get To Work"

Message 5 of 14 (2,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That is in deed weird. I've tried Apartments, stores, home lot, inside and out and I can't duplicate this at all.

Do you have moo on ?

Maybe repairing twice will do the trick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,335 Views)

★ Pro

No, I don't have MOO on. Maybe a complete new install would help. But why should I put my self through all this just for one fridge? Not really worth it to be hunest. Not using it anyways. Not sure if I want to live with this bug now that I know it exsists whether I use the fridge or not lol. Should my brains find no rest on this matter, I will do a complete new install and let you know about the results Wink

Message 7 of 14 (2,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's a bit hard to fix though if you're the only person that has the issue.

Going to tag this as needs input to see if we can find someone else with this issue.

EDIT: Maybe it has something to do with the lack of a pack though. To be sure: Is City Living the only one of your packs you currently don't have installed ? You have rest listed in the first post ?

@LuvMySimz

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (2,322 Views)

★ Pro

City-Living is the only one purchased but not installed, because of "lacking" diversity. And why should an over 1 year ago uninstalled pack cause the GTW fridge problem? I really don't think so.

Since the st...* fridge kept bugging me I re-installed everything from scratch. Cleaned out Origin also, and now the fridge works! Still no clue what the problem was. Thanks for hanging in there with me and trying to help Standard smile I guess we can close this thread, or mark it as solved. At least for me, unless someone else is also running into this issue.

Message 9 of 14 (2,296 Views)

Hero
It could be the latest patch bugged something but only if you don't have a certain pack. To test that, I needed to know which packs you have installed and wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

As you got it solved now, I'm going to mark it as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (2,284 Views)