Original Post

Accepted Solution

Children are not going to school

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have children in the save and let them try to go to school.
What happens when the bug occurs? The call for school doesn't activate until 8:30 am. The children head to the sidewalk and disappear and then reappear and go back on the home lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the children arrive at school and stay there until the school day is over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Cats and Dogs Expansion. I moved an existing lot from Newcrest to Brindelton Bay.

I looked through the forum and didn't see anything posted about this bug. Sorry if there is already a thread started for this issue. 

The children will go to school if I tick the "go to school button" after they don't go  on the first attempt. 

Message 1 of 21 (879 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Children are not going to school

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have played a full sim week and each child is now going to school and staying there. I am sorry I bothered you but I had played for several weeks with the glitch before posting here. 

I did have a morning where the boy sim went to school as invisible. He was in a bear phase. 

I guess you can close this as solved. 

Thank you for your time! 

View in thread

Message 14 of 21 (1,574 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Children are not going to school

Hero

Haven't seen anyone else report this.

Have you tried a game repair and a fresh game for testing purposes to see if it save related or game related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (867 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes. I did a refresh and repaired the game. The problem still exists.

I did bulldoze an EA build and then placed my lot. It was on the 64x64 in Brindelton Bay.
Message 3 of 21 (858 Views)

Hero

I'll test if I can replicate but if not would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes. Of course!
Message 5 of 21 (839 Views)

Hero

Could you upload it somewhere and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (834 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

PM sent to you. Thank you for your time Dog

Message 7 of 21 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So I tried your save and it works all fine for me. They were at school when I started the save and then I fast forwarded to Monday and they started going to school at 8 as they should and stayed there. Does it happen every single day or only sometimes ?

Did you do also delete cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes.

Interesting. I did patch with the most current patch yesterday but didn't play. I wonder if that did something.

I am working now and will try to play again in a few days.

I am hopeful since it seemed to work for you. Thank you for your help!
Message 9 of 21 (815 Views)

Re: Children are not going to school

Hero

That's possible. Let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (808 Views)