Original Post

Accepted Solution

Children Stuck at Activity Table

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs, Sims Mobile picture frame, but NOT Grim's guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Instruct child Sim to draw at activity table.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child Sims will draw continuously even after their picture is completed. The progress bar for the task never fills. The game will not register drawings for aspiration milestones or scout badge progress (probably because you need to cancel the task to let them free). Once not at the activity table you can select their completed drawing to add to their inventory or clear the table.
What do you expect to see? Child Sims should finish the "Draw [subject]" task when their picture is completed and not continue colouring or macaroni and glitter gluing for all eternity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌I have tried different lots, different Sims, resetting Sims using cheats, restarting the game, restarting my PC but this keeps happening. Once the child Sim had to eat and left to get food of their own free will, but their drawing wasn't finished. When I sent them back to it they got stuck drawing over their completed image until I cancelled the interaction. 

Message 1 of 4 (775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] Children Stuck at Activity Table

Hero

Hi @narynewt

tested this in my game and wasn't able to duplicate.

Could you test a fresh save to see if it's also happening in there ? 

To find if it's save game related or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (729 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @narynewt

tested this in my game and wasn't able to duplicate.

Could you test a fresh save to see if it's also happening in there ? 

To find if it's save game related or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (730 Views)

★ Apprentice

Much to my relief it seems to be a save issue. I started a new game and it's back to normal. Sorry, I should have tried to make a new game to test it myself before posting I guess. Frustrating that that save is going to be broken though. Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 4 (716 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@narynewt

I can take a look at your save if you want.

Upload it to googledrive, one drive or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (711 Views)