Child won't go to school

by Vengefulfury484

Original Post

Child won't go to school

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Island Living, Get Famous, Cats &Dogs, Get to Work, Seasons, City Living. Game Packs: Spa Day, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine out, Vampires, Realm of Magic. Stuff Packs: Backyard, Bowling Night, Spooky, Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When its time to send the children to school one doesn't go
What happens when the bug occurs? When its time to send the kids to school, one will generally not have the prompt and you can click go to school and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? The child should automatically go to school without being forced.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 6 (704 Views)

Re: Child won't go to school

Hero
@Vengefulfury484 And it's not a holiday ? Is it just one child or all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (660 Views)

Hero
@Vengefulfury484 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (631 Views)

Hero
@Vengefulfury484 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (607 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Vengefulfury484 I just had the same problem. The child went to school the next day. I do recall my child was sick on Sunday and late in the day received a message while she was fishing that she's really not feeling well and shouldn't be out. Brought her home, had OJ and sleep and was fine later that evening and the next day. I think the game may have flagged her as sick and to stay home for 24 hours. Just my guess, but child may go to school next day.
Message 5 of 6 (547 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same problem since an update back in June and it's driving me nuts. I can't even play my Sims game because I don't want my child to lose responsibility for missing school. This happened before so I uninstalled my mods and followed troubleshooting on another thread about this (that has since been closed) and I'm still having this issue! My sister uses the same Sims 4 game on a different computer and isn't experiencing this issue (and she does have mods and they are the same ones that I had before I removed them).

Message 6 of 6 (511 Views)