by emilygal

Original Post

Child with unbalanced meals warning can not eat full meals

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a child age sim who has an “unbalanced meals” uncomfortable +1 warning. Have mother cook a full meal and “call to meal.” Add action “grab a serving” or “pick up a serving” of the meal to child’s queue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child ignores calls to meal. Action to grab / pickup a serving is automatically cancelled from queue every time it is added. Child does not get a serving or eat it. Child is only able to self serve themselves Quick Meals which doesn’t help fix unbalanced diet warning.
What do you expect to see? Child responds to call to meal from mother. Action to “grab a serving” or “pick up a serving” stays in queue. Child goes to grab a serving and sits down to eat it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Just installed game yesterday.

Child shows an “Uncomfortable +1” warning for “Unbalanced meals (From eating too many quick meals or desserts).

Mother cooks dinners and performs “call to meal” action. Child does not respond.

I manually add “grab a serving” or “pick up a serving” action to child’s queue but it automatically cancels out every time. (Side note - I’m not yet clear on difference between those two actions?)

Child can only eat quick meals so the uncomfortable warning is not resolved.

Message 1 of 6 (950 Views)

Re: Child with unbalanced meals warning can not eat full meals

Hero
@emilygal I tested this and can't duplicate on my game. Does it only occur with a certain family ?

Pick up prompts them to put a serving in their inventory while grab makes them eat it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict thanks for looking into it for me. My child in another household eats fine. I’m trying to get them to only eat quick meals to get them to unbalanced meals status to see if that’s the issue but it’s slow going!

Edit: Also, not sure if it’s a related issue but I just adopted a baby for my household. The only adult  in the house (Mother) auto cancels any actions I set to do with the baby from her queue. Had to stop playing for a bit for fear the baby will die! Will raise in a separate post in case different issue.

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 3 of 6 (825 Views)

Hero
@emilygal Is maybe something blocking ? Could you try moving the entire family into another house to see if it works there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (774 Views)

Hero
@emilygal are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (703 Views)

Hero
@emilygal Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (671 Views)