by crinrict

Original Post

Child Taking Out Trash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the packs up to and including Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be controlling a child sim, have them try to empty a rubbish bin inside and it states that they need a bin outside which they do. An adult can take the rubbish out but a child cannot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to take the rubbish out as my child sim but it states we need an outdoor bin which we do have. My mam sim can take the rubbish out but not my child and I've not had this issue before.
What do you expect to see? The child taking out the rubbish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've saved and exited my game four times and the same error still occurs. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a fix? I was wanting my child sim to complete scouts before she aged to a teen but I'm not sure what else she can do other than take out the rubbish.

Message 1 of 4 (505 Views)

Re: Child Taking Out Trash

Hero
@BmaieF Did you test several children/houses ? I can also not duplicate this issue, they take it outside fine.

There is however this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-clean-dishes-cause-of-missing-trash-can-ther... .. where it's sometimes hit and miss if it works generally.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (460 Views)

Hero
@BmaieF Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (424 Views)

Hero
@BmaieF Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)