Re: Chickens Disappearing?

by CallMeSuperboy

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

Sure, but there are notifications leading up to that. I had other chickens die of old age and there were three or four notifications about old age approaching, and the rooster was the same age as the other chickens, and none of them died of old age until later. And like I said before, there’s no reason why this 1 rooster should have died of neglect when all the others were fine. 

And I saw a YouTuber’s bunny have a fight with a fox and they were notified about the bunny losing the fight and dying. So there should be, should it be a fox attack, notifications about losing the fight. 

There is some sort of bug here, and your slightly patronizing messages about it are not really helpful. 

Message 11 of 17 (1,631 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CallMeSuperboy 

Foxes will steal Eggs but they do not attack the chickens or a rooster.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 17 (1,607 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did have this problem once when I was living in the Fenwick town area and my chickens were not fenced in.  I couldn't find my rooster for three days and then I went to the bar and there was my rooster!  If you chickens were not fenced in look around the area to see if they are off on another lot.

Message 13 of 17 (1,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@k0ffinkitten"I hatched a rooster chick, who I got a notification saying he aged into an adult, but then he disappeared. From the relationship panel, from the coop, from the world."

The same thing happened to me today. Chicken coop is all upgraded, and ALL chickens are very well taken care off and still the rooster chick who aged into an adult is gone. I had my eye on the little chick the whole time and one minute to another after the the notification, it poofed into nirvana. The only thing that's left is the notification that the chick has aged into an adult. It must be a bug for sure just like so many other bugs that this patch and pack brought along. And no, no fox got it and the rooster is not in my inventory.

Message 14 of 17 (1,511 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I keep having this issue! I've had two golden chickens who are well fed and happy disappear after I asked them to help. Did not take them to a fair and they are not in my inventory. Also, they always disappear when another golden chick grows into a chicken. Definitely is a bug. 

Message 15 of 17 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Make sure you have gates on your property and lock them for "chickens." Missing chickens? Are they still in a coop roster of asigned chickens? Call for them to return (in menu of coop). Move the coop! I found 2 missing roosters stuck UNDER the freaking coop.   Do you have more than 8 chickens and hatched out number 9 and he/she ran off to find a new home? Did the foxes win the fight and eat the little *? Is one of your neighbors a kleptomaniac? They will steal your chickens as easily as they would your dirty dishes.

Message 16 of 17 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I noticed that golden chickens if asked to help in the garden, after evolving all plants to "Perfect" in the garden wander away and take care of plants in the neighborhood. I focused the camera on it and actually saw it next to a tulip plant doing its magic. They do not respond to the command to go to the coop or "call over" because they are too far or because the order to take care of the garden overrides all other orders, not sure which. Sim has to walk all the way to the chicken and deliver the order "go to the coop" in person. :-) If it is not done promptly, I think, the chicken will disappear. So, I had to surround the property with a fence and lock the gates for chickens. This is definitely a glitch and should be fixed.

Message 17 of 17 (645 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help