Re: Chickens Disappearing?

by CallMeSuperboy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chickens Disappearing?

★★ Novice

I haven't played around too much with Cottage Living, but I did buy a chicken coop and bought 2 hens and a rooster. I hatched a rooster chick, who I got a notification saying he aged into an adult, but then he disappeared. From the relationship panel, from the coop, from the world. Same thing happened to another chick that hatched in my sim's hands. Except that chick didn't even leave the coop after hatching, it just stopped existing. I still have the 3 chickens I started with, but those 2 chicks I hatched just don't exist anymore. Has anybody else had this problem? It's possible it's just a bug that needs fixing, but I haven't seen other people reporting this.

Message 1 of 17 (10,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenbut how can that happen to a chick that just had hatched without any notification? just - hatch - gone Frown i was so sad bc to me it was a golden egg that hatched Frown

NEVERMIND! I've found my chick - somehow it got dropped into the house-inventory (i dunno why, but at least it's there)

View in thread

Message 6 of 17 (10,114 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@k0ffinkitten 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 17 (10,271 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This has also happened with me and also the Youtuber James Turner (on his early access livestream-- so definitely no mods or other packs). 

I'm on mac and have no mods, and a lot of packs. My original rooster just completely disappeared one day and never returned. I had to buy a new rooster and so far he's stuck around. 

Message 3 of 17 (10,191 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here, and I never use mods or even custom content, so that can't be a factor. I bought some clothes from the creature keeper, and then one of my hens disappeared from everything

Message 4 of 17 (10,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@coiler119 @CallMeSuperboy 

If you neglect a chickens needs for too long they will leave. You get a notification that they feel neglected. After that you have about two sim hours to remedy the situation or they are gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 17 (10,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenbut how can that happen to a chick that just had hatched without any notification? just - hatch - gone Frown i was so sad bc to me it was a golden egg that hatched Frown

NEVERMIND! I've found my chick - somehow it got dropped into the house-inventory (i dunno why, but at least it's there)

Message 6 of 17 (10,115 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@delrouval 

That is a separate matter read my answer to the OP about that.

Message 7 of 17 (10,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

That’s not the problem, though, my rooster disappeared with NO notification. He was being taken care of as well as the rest of the chickens. There was no notification in the panel at all. 

If he decided to leave, or a fox got him, then the bug is not that a chicken left, but that the notifications aren’t showing up for why they’re leaving. (I know this isn’t a bug thread but it should be.) 

Message 8 of 17 (10,065 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CallMeSuperboy 

I have noticed that if it died there are no notification. I just happened to notice the grim reaper by one of my coops when one of my Roosters croaked.

Message 9 of 17 (10,046 Views)

★★ Novice

omg thank you! that's where my rooster and chick were too! how strange!

Message 10 of 17 (10,034 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help