Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheek kiss Interaction missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) 
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020 (64Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to romantic options with Young Adult or a Teen and the (kiss cheek) interaction won't be there
What happens when the bug occurs? Going the romantic interactions no longer has the cheek kiss option.
What do you expect to see? The romantic action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed the mods I was usisng.

Whenever my Sim is around their BF/GF the romantic interaction to kiss them on the cheek isn't available. Here are a few screenshots of all the interactions and you can see that one isn't there.

https://i.imgur.com/10NBict.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C5I5NOT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YqZCnFq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/k6h801i.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4eOMwBW.jpg

After the last image they repeat.

Message 1 of 9 (2,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Cheek kiss Interaction missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys sorry for the delayed response. I was told elsewhere  to try to use the cheats that modify the relationships of romantic Sims. I switched the relationship back to when they first met, then built up the romance again, and now all is back to the way it should be. I seriously have no idea why it got all messed up like that.

Anyway, thank you both for helping me. Problem solved, whoooo!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (2,476 Views)

All Replies

Champion

I tested it with two teenagers and the "Kiss Cheek" option is working fine for me.

Kiss Cheek

So it seems to be something on your client causing the issue. Are you sure you removed all the mods you were using? You can try starting a new save file for testing and seeing if you can see the same thing happen in a completely fresh game without mods.

You can also try backing up your saved games and  resetting the game to default settings to see if that fixes it.

Message 2 of 9 (2,545 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so I backed up all my files, started a new game and the interaction was once again there. Then I put just my save file back and it was gone again. (No mods btw) So I think something is wrong with my save file.

Message 3 of 9 (2,533 Views)

Hero
Could you try a different couple on your save that has issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,524 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I did. His older brother doesn't have the issue at all. I even went to another home and played those Sims, and they too are fine. Seems to be just my teen Sim that has it missing. Very odd. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,516 Views)

Hero
Maybe it's one if his traits ? What traits does the Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,495 Views)

Champion
Tell us more about the two sims.

a) Kiss Cheek only appears for sims with a significant other relationship (teens asked to go steady and adults asked to be boyfriend/girlfriend), enaged or married.
b) It only appears for teen to teen relationships and adult to adult relationships. Are both sims the same age?
Message 7 of 9 (2,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys sorry for the delayed response. I was told elsewhere  to try to use the cheats that modify the relationships of romantic Sims. I switched the relationship back to when they first met, then built up the romance again, and now all is back to the way it should be. I seriously have no idea why it got all messed up like that.

Anyway, thank you both for helping me. Problem solved, whoooo!

Message 8 of 9 (2,477 Views)

Re: Cheek kiss Interaction missing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I just experienced this issue on PS4. So basically,I moved out a young adult couple to a new house lot and when I get into romantic interactions, I noticed that the "kiss cheek" interaction is gone. I've also tried using your solution by modifying their romantic and friendship relationships into '0' making both of their relationship bars empty and then build up their relationships all over again but still couldn't find the interaction. I don't know if the kiss cheek interaction is gone due to bugs or is it because I've made my couple sims had a 'romantic promise' status.

I tried using other young adult sims thus making them as couples but the kiss cheek interaction appears.

Message 9 of 9 (1,787 Views)