by Robombie2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheats menu won't close.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest as of this post.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I only own Basegame. Not even the free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open cheats menu, and then try to close it. ‌
What happens when the bug occurs? (I HAVE MODS INSTALLED AND AM AWARE THAT THEY MOST LIKELY CAUSED THIS ISSUE.) When you try to close the cheats menu (The one you open with Ctrl+Shift+C.) and then try to close it, it closes the bar, and leaves the blue background, making it impossible to interact with anything. This occurs in both live mode, and in the map. Although for some reason you can only close the bar on the map by pressing escape while hovering the cursor over the bar.
What do you expect to see? The menu to close entirely, and for the game to resume.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have installed several mods since, and an update occurred around the same time.

ERROR.png

Message 1 of 4 (974 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cheats menu won't close.

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Robombie2 

Twisted Mexi has made a short term mod fix for this: "a recent patch caused the cheat console to block all game input when it is open. This is just a small mod to undo that until the next patch. SimGuruNick has already stated it wasn't intentional"  & you can find it and more info at the Mod Trackeror at Twisted Mexi's Patreon. Also note, that bug reports are meant to be made with no mods in your game.

• please check the Mod Tracker for any other UI type mods that you need to update, like UI Cheats, or MCCC as they have new updates as well, and my post here on maintaining cc/mods in your game. .

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (968 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Robombie2 

Twisted Mexi has made a short term mod fix for this: "a recent patch caused the cheat console to block all game input when it is open. This is just a small mod to undo that until the next patch. SimGuruNick has already stated it wasn't intentional"  & you can find it and more info at the Mod Trackeror at Twisted Mexi's Patreon. Also note, that bug reports are meant to be made with no mods in your game.

• please check the Mod Tracker for any other UI type mods that you need to update, like UI Cheats, or MCCC as they have new updates as well, and my post here on maintaining cc/mods in your game. .

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 4 (969 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for replying, yes, I will mark the reply as having been the answer simply because it most likely will.

Thanks! Standard smile (not using cheats is HARD.)

Before making the initial post, I read up on the whole "don't make bug reports if you have mods," but I believe it said to make sure to make evident that you have mods,

and to post anyways. As I made it clear, I thought it was okay, but I will be more careful in the future.

Thanks again, Rob.

Message 3 of 4 (942 Views)

★★ Pro

Oh, well yes, of course, still post, no problems, Star it was just that many people post instead of in Technical and get confused, I'll try and make it more obvious too Wink 

I would certainly be lost without mods, and cheats too @Robombie2 

Message 4 of 4 (937 Views)