by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Cheats Not Working At All

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cheat console not working. Can't enable cheats (make them true) at all. Stop working few hours into my first build several months ago. Just learned this was a bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Message "unable to execute command" appears.
What do you expect to see? Testing cheats turned on
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Several months ago, not long after I started playing and building a house, the cheats stopped working. When I attempted to give myself more money, it offered no error message but also did not give me money. I hadn't realized this was an issue until I brought up the topic to some friends today and decided to try again. It now says "Unable to execute command" for anything, and especially TestingCheats true. Not in my expertise to figure any of it out, I have barely touched the game, I just want to build some cool houses.

Message 1 of 4 (6,512 Views)

Re: Cheats Not Working At All

★ Guide

are you loaded into a lot when you put in testingcheats true? only asking because it doesn't work and throws up that error if you're not.

also when you say you can't give yourself money, did you load into a household to do that or click straight into build mode from the world screen? I found that cheat doesn't work (does nothing) if you go straight into build mode from the world screen, maybe that's what's wrong?

Message 2 of 4 (6,491 Views)

Hero
@maggyemc Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Someone will help you further asap

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (6,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@maggyemc  Hello Standard smile 

To be sure I understand are you saying the command TestingCheats true is what giving an error message. Is that what you are saying? Alternately you could try TestingCheats on even though they work the same. Are you typing in the cheat? Or using hot keys or copy paste? Personally I have occasional left a space in front of the cheat and that caused a similar error.  :Oops: 

I will be checking back to help work thru this issue the best I am able.

-EQ Avid Sims Player 

Edit to add: Tested by AHQ Helpers and myself.
My test is below and results confirmed with a few variations.
New Folder / New Random 3 Sim household
Map View while placing family for the first time.
Testingcheats on / error message.
FreeRealestate On activated and family placed in Willow Creek.
Once placed and in live mode Testingcheats off / message verified the cheat was disabled.

-

Confirmed - Testingcheats on generates unable to execute command  error message when in map view.
When editing your lot from manage world the same message and cheats will not work.

Based on the testing it would be important to know when you are trying to activate the cheats.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 4 (6,449 Views)