Cheat familyfunds not working

by ElCristador

Original Post

Cheat familyfunds not working

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to get the familyfunds cheat working for some time without success.  All the other cheats work okay, so I know it is not a problem with the cheats in themselves.  I know I am supposed to put the family name after the command but I am not sure what the definition of the family name is.  The surname is Bianchi, but the name of the game is Arianna Bianchi.  The cheat does not work with Bianchi, so I suspect I need to put Arianna Bianchi in.  However, that does not work either.  I have tried "Arianna Bianchi", 'Arianna Bianchi', <Arianna Bianchi>, and every other type of parenthesis around the whole name with no success.  What am I missing?  Do I need to change the name of the file?

Message 1 of 3 (6,455 Views)

Re: Cheat familyfunds not working

★ Novice

I'll just explain how it works in steps, because it seems easier that way xD

1.) Make sure you have 'testingcheatsenabled true' activated.

2.) Type into the console (we'll just use an example :P): familyfunds bianchi 100000, then hit enter.

Tip: Using any sort of parenthesis in the console command will cause the cheats to not work.

Message 2 of 3 (6,446 Views)

Re: Cheat familyfunds not working

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for that.  I tried it and it did not work in that game.  The file must have somehow got corrupted - eventually even the trees in Seasons were in full summer leaf in the middle of winter.  I saved the house and household and loaded them into a new game.  It then worked perfectly.

Message 3 of 3 (6,418 Views)