Re: Cheat bar is a no-show

by kreatora

Original Post

Cheat bar is a no-show

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys! So after days of researching different ways of fixing the cheat bar... I still can't get it to show up. 

About My Computer: 
MSI 

Windows 10
Intel R HD Graphics530
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Intel i7

What I've Tried: 

Ctrl+Shift+C
Ctril+shift+Windows Key+C
Restarting the game
Deleting all mods
Repairing the game via Origin
Turning off Origin in-game
Turning off GeForce Overlay
Uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game
Right clicking on the desktop icon and running as admin
Right clicking on the desktop icon and running with integrated graphics
Right clicking on the desktop icon and running with NVIDIA processor 
Using right ctrl+right shift+C

Other Relevant Information: 

No, I do not have any other Sims games
When I preform the keystroke, it does absolutely nothing; no screenshots. It WILL take a screenshot if I use the right hand ctrl and shift, however.
Yes, my other quick keys work (1,2,3)
No, I do not have Gyazo. I do not have any screenshot programs to my knowledge, but upon checking my background processes I have over 100 running. (Might gotta look into that later...)

I would be super appreciative if someone could help me with this. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@acorntreeinc

Cheat bar will not show on the city map if you first didn't enter in some household. 

By the way:

Deleting mods isn't enough
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game, also delete all folders with the word "cache" in the name - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. You can start with UI Cheats Extension mod because it will always be broken after the patch
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@kreatora 

Tried both of these options and it still does not work. (I didn't even bother re-adding folders since taking them away didn't help)

Message 3 of 5 (323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update: I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling origins, and resetting all my in-game settings to default. 

Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@acorntreeinc

Do you use any program that also uses keyboard characters? For example, a graphics program. If so turn it off. When two programs - like Sims and another use the same keyboard characters - the computer doesn't know which program you are addressing it for and although you are in the game, it will always choose the other one.

If it isn't this case try doing a factory reset as is described here
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
Message 5 of 5 (256 Views)