Re: Cheap laptop to play sims on with lost packs and mods/cc

by Diva2690

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheap laptop to play sims on with lost packs and mods/cc

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My laptop is broken I need get another laptop to play sims on with mods/cc and packs.Im trying to find a affordable one.I would like a laptop that will be able to run as smooth as possible without paying too much for it.Help please.I don’t know much about laptops so I don’t even know what to look for.

Message 1 of 8 (513 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Diva2690  There aren't many great options under $400, but this ($380) should work well enough:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/419496306

It should run all Sims 4 packs together on medium graphics settings, maybe a bit higher if you don't install all the packs or don't mind lower framerates.  Custom content can increase the demands of the game, although it doesn't always, so if you or one of the kids installs cc and notices performance issues, the issue might be one or more cc items rather than the game itself.

256 GB is not a lot of storage, but it should still hold all of Sims 4 and as much custom content as anyone can download.  If you're looking to install other large games though, space could become an issue.

If you want one for yourself that's a little nicer, this one should handle medium-high settings and is $450:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/529355770

I checked half a dozen other sites and didn't find anything as good as the first one for anywhere near $400.  I did see one for $420 that's about the same as the second laptop, but you'd want to pay the extra $20 to upgrade the hard drive to 256 GB, and probably $10 to upgrade the screen as well.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-laptop-15z-ef2000-touch-optional-2k3t2av-1

If you don't like these options, there will probably be others sooner or later, but waiting for a sale can get tedious.  And based on current prices, I doubt you'd find anything better before Black Friday.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (469 Views)

All Replies

@Diva2690  Please post your country and preferred budget: the available laptops for a given price point can vary greatly by country, and of course people have different definitions of affordable.  Please also let me know whether there are any other details that matter to you, for example screen size or weight.

Message 2 of 8 (484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi thank you for helping,
Country-US

Price-No more than 400(I have to purchase 3,two for a 10 year old and 16 year old who have taking a liking to playing sims with cc)1 for me.

Message 3 of 8 (482 Views)

@Diva2690  There aren't many great options under $400, but this ($380) should work well enough:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/419496306

It should run all Sims 4 packs together on medium graphics settings, maybe a bit higher if you don't install all the packs or don't mind lower framerates.  Custom content can increase the demands of the game, although it doesn't always, so if you or one of the kids installs cc and notices performance issues, the issue might be one or more cc items rather than the game itself.

256 GB is not a lot of storage, but it should still hold all of Sims 4 and as much custom content as anyone can download.  If you're looking to install other large games though, space could become an issue.

If you want one for yourself that's a little nicer, this one should handle medium-high settings and is $450:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/529355770

I checked half a dozen other sites and didn't find anything as good as the first one for anywhere near $400.  I did see one for $420 that's about the same as the second laptop, but you'd want to pay the extra $20 to upgrade the hard drive to 256 GB, and probably $10 to upgrade the screen as well.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-laptop-15z-ef2000-touch-optional-2k3t2av-1

If you don't like these options, there will probably be others sooner or later, but waiting for a sale can get tedious.  And based on current prices, I doubt you'd find anything better before Black Friday.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Message 4 of 8 (470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help.I really appreciate it,I tried to look myself and didn’t know what I was looking for.I don’t have many packs but I have about 5,000 cc.

Message 5 of 8 (465 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi I recently asked for help finding laptops for my children to play sims on with cc/ mods.I need help finding 2 laptops under 250 if possible.I live in US

Message 6 of 8 (410 Views)

@Diva2690  I'm sorry to say it, but you're not going to find anything worth buying for $250 or even $300.  The laptops in the $250 range are either glorified tablets, which would barely run Sims 4 on low settings; or Chromebooks, which don't run Sims 4 at all.  For $300, you might be able to run the game, but it wouldn't be a good play experience.

Honestly, it might be better to get one good computer for your kids to share and let whoever isn't playing use a tablet or an older computer for schoolwork.  It's not difficult to set up different user accounts so they don't have access to each others' files, and you can find a cheap netbook for web surfing and email almost anywhere, if you don't have one already.  (Or you might have a friend who'd sell you an older one for $50.)  Sharing a computer that runs a game well is so much better than having your own laptop that barely runs it at all.

Message 7 of 8 (400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you

Message 8 of 8 (395 Views)