Chat & Text options are gone on Sims phone

by lakotads31

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chat & Text options are gone on Sims phone

★ Novice

My sims phones do not have the chat/text options on their phone! When I open the social tab of the phone this is all I see (see pic). But it’s not on all sims. My already established and saved sims are all fine. This bug only affects brand new sims!!! It’s so frustrating. I did find a work around - I create the sim, put them in a home lot, once there I travel to some other lot and make a friend, go back to the home lot and then the options appear!! The work around is annoying so I’m not sure if it’s an actual bug or if this is gameplay now? I did have mods but I have deleted them, cleared all cache from origin, I even uninstalled then reinstalled the game itself, I repaired the game and everything is updated, and it’s still doing this! Please help!!

Message 1 of 7 (994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chat & Text options are gone on Sims phone

@lakotads31  I checked my game, and that's how things look for me now as well, both with existing sims and new ones.  I checked a save from before the last patch that hadn't progressed, so there were plenty of sims that hadn't met anyone in the run of gameplay.  I'm not actually sure when that would have changed; I don't really pay close attention to the phone options.  But at least your game isn't broken.

I guess the logic is that without any known contacts, there's no one to call or text.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (920 Views)

All Replies

@lakotads31  When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you keep using your existing Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts?  If so, or if you're not sure, please move that entire folder to the desktop; when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet, just see whether the same problem happens in a new save.  If it's gone, you can move your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one and test.

Message 2 of 7 (973 Views)

★ Novice

I definitely did not move the folder, so I am going to try that tonight when I get home! Should I remove the folder, uninstall then reinstall and start the game without or do I just need to remove the folder and go from there? Thank you!!! 

Message 3 of 7 (961 Views)

@lakotads31  You only need to remove the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The uninstall/reinstall should have taken care of any issues with the game's program files.

Message 4 of 7 (954 Views)

★ Novice

I moved my folder to the desktop and it’s still not working! But now, the options are missing for brand new sims AND the sims premade for the game. At least with my folder my established sims phones were fine. This is is just so weird!!! 

Message 5 of 7 (935 Views)

@lakotads31  I checked my game, and that's how things look for me now as well, both with existing sims and new ones.  I checked a save from before the last patch that hadn't progressed, so there were plenty of sims that hadn't met anyone in the run of gameplay.  I'm not actually sure when that would have changed; I don't really pay close attention to the phone options.  But at least your game isn't broken.

I guess the logic is that without any known contacts, there's no one to call or text.

Message 6 of 7 (921 Views)

★ Novice

That is so strange! I do feel better it’s not just me lol but that makes sense. Why have the text/call option with nobody to call and everyone in your household at home with you?? Thank you so much for your help! 

Message 7 of 7 (896 Views)