Changing between culinary and mixology career branch

by dfyntrble

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing between culinary and mixology career branch

★★ Novice

I recently fulfilled my culinary achievement and decided that I wanted to advance to the mixology achievement and complete this. However, in order to do so, I am required to select the mixology career branch of the culinary career instead of the chef branch. I figured that this would be a simple fix. I would just quit my current job as celebrity chef and re-enter the culinary career until I get the prompt that asked me whether I wanted mixology or chef branch. 

Problem is, there is no way that I am able to get this choice any longer. I am stuck in the chef branch. Even if I demote myself by continually quitting my job and re-applying for the culinary position, the prompt does not appear. 

There is no way that I can complete my mixology aspiration! 

I've had the same issue with the other careers as well, where you cannot reverse and select the other choice once you have already selected which branch you want the first time. 

Is there a way to convert back and forth between the chef branch and mixology branch so that the aspiration can be completed?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 6 (12,278 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing between culinary and mixology career branch

Hero

I don't think that is possible atm. I have no if EA is wanting to change that or not.

You might wanna post in the feedback forum over at the official forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (12,265 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I don't think that is possible atm. I have no if EA is wanting to change that or not.

You might wanna post in the feedback forum over at the official forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (12,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks a bunch. I'll do that.

Message 3 of 6 (12,262 Views)

★ Novice

I do not know if you still need it but if you keep dong the promotion tasks it will ask you it might take a few times though 

Message 4 of 6 (9,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • I agree i want my sims to get to the top of each branch but it doesnt give me the option too which sucks hopefully it gets added to the game eventually  
Message 5 of 6 (6,004 Views)

Community Manager
Closing thread to limit necroposting.

Please open a thread in our General Discussion boards for game ideas, suggestions or quality of life changes you'd love to see. There's a link in the accepted solution post that will help redirect to that board, Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (5,986 Views)