Re: Changing Documents folder

by asmoshingeki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing Documents folder

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

After changing my Documents folder location from Hard Drive to D drive due to storage purposes, my game started taking way too long to load. Repairing the game didn't help. Should I try reinstalling or there is some other way?

Message 1 of 6 (376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@asmoshingeki 

Only thing you can do about that is to move the game back or purchase a new SSD to replace the slower disk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (329 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@asmoshingeki Are you referring to the save location in Origin settings, or did you move the default Documents folder off your C drive?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I moved default Documents folder from C drive

Message 3 of 6 (361 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@asmoshingeki 

This is likely because the second hard drive are much slower than your main drive which I guess is a SSD drive. Apart from the loading times I take it that the game playes fine?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen gameplay is fine, only loading screen take longer than before.

Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@asmoshingeki 

Only thing you can do about that is to move the game back or purchase a new SSD to replace the slower disk.

Message 6 of 6 (330 Views)