Re: Changes in CAS not being saved

by dtang0224

Original Post

Changes in CAS not being saved

★★ Novice

Hi, 

Two nights ago, my child in the game aged up to a teen, and I immediately wanted to give her a makeover. After spending hours in CAS, I finally finished but after clicking the save button, she still looked exactly like when she aged up and not after editing her in CAS. I thought that I might have accidentally pressed the X button instead of the save so I edited her in CAS again, and made sure to click the save button yet the same thing happened, all my changes in CAS were not saved. I tried editing other members in my household, and got the same result.

I've tried having another save file, and deleting my cache, restarting the game several times, to no avail. Please help, I cannot continue play unless my changes in CAS are saved especially when I just got the Sims 4 Get Together EP. 

Please and thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 9 (3,348 Views)

Do you have any mods or custom content (CC) in your game? Could you test without?
You can just move the folder to a location outside the Electronic Arts folder.
If the game works without your CC and mods in, your issue is probably caused by a broken mod or CC.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since the Seasons expansion pack over here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (3,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I do have CC, and have tried taking out my entire Mod/CC folder to see if I'm able to save any changes in CAS but still got the same result.

I haven't tried splitting my CC yet though, I'll try that when I get home and it'll hopefully do the trick. 

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 9 (3,311 Views)

Best thing would be to create a new The Sims 4 folder and test. 
- Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\
- Rename the 'The Sims 4' folder to something like 'The Sims 4 old' 
- Start the game, this will create a new folder.
- Test the game, if it works fine start moving folders from 'The Sims 4 old' over to the new folder.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 9 (3,294 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried taking out my CC/Mods again just to see if anything happened but meh, still the same with my CAS changes not being saved. 

I did what you told me and created a new Sims 4 folder, and the game was running smoothly and when I went back to CAS, it finally saved my changes. Now I just have to start moving folders from the old folder to the new folder. Hopefully, it's smooth sailing from here on out. 

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 9 (3,277 Views)

★★ Novice
I've moved my files to the new folder, and went into CAS straight away to try it out on my original family but my CAS changes did not save again.

I'm incredibly frustrated because I love my family, 3rd generation now, and would have loved to continue playing them.

I honestly don't know what to do next. I don't feel like playing if I can't even save my CAS changes.
Message 6 of 9 (3,274 Views)

★★ Novice
I went back and tried playing the new sim I just made to see if any CAS changes stuck. For that game, everything was working fine and all my changes saved. Only my previous game, the one I've been playing for 3 generations now, seems to be having a problem. Still not sure what to do.
Message 7 of 9 (3,271 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dtang0224

It seems that your old savegame has become corrupted. This can happen on rare occasions when playing with outdated Mods/CC. Whenever there is an update to the game you should test if your Mods/CC needs updating as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 9 (3,260 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh no, that's really unfortunate. Is there any way I could save my old savegame?

Thank you for the reply, definitely cleared some things for me.
Message 9 of 9 (3,241 Views)