Re: Changed Origin password, can't log in to Sims 3 now!

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changed Origin password, can't log in to Sims 3 now!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't seem to find a solution to this anywhere, but I can't log in to Sims 3. I had to change my Origin password today, and since then I have not been able to log into Sims 3. When I click "forgot password," it redirects me to my EA account page, where I don't appear to be able to do anything regarding my Sims 3 password. I've tried using both my new and old passwords to log in and neither of them will work. Logging into Origin and EA is no issue, just Sims. Someone please help! I'm so frustrated...

Message 1 of 6 (2,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm using a PC to play the game.

I tried that and it did nothing. I still had the same issue, but I appear to have figured out how to fix it... 

I logged into sims 3 from the game launcher and it worked. It seems it doesn't work if you start the game and try to log in from the main menu.

Not exactly sure why it worked that way, but it seems fine now...

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,432 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@kaetid8889 Is your computer a pc or mac? If you have a pc did you try clearing Internet Explorer browsing history? The game uses IE to communicate and when EA restarts the server the local stores cookie becomes invalid. What you need to do is open IE (Internet Explorer) - not Edge (Windows 10 type IE in the ask me anything box and it will find IE) - click the cog next to the star in the upper right - click internet options - in browsing history click delete - click delete - click apply - click ok. This will delete the cookies and a new one will be created the next time you log in. The old cookie would expire eventually.

Message 2 of 6 (2,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm using a PC to play the game.

I tried that and it did nothing. I still had the same issue, but I appear to have figured out how to fix it... 

I logged into sims 3 from the game launcher and it worked. It seems it doesn't work if you start the game and try to log in from the main menu.

Not exactly sure why it worked that way, but it seems fine now...

Message 3 of 6 (2,433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did you ever get this resolved?  I ask because it is now happening to me.  Origin and online Sims I can login to, but not the game launcher.   Not sure why.   Would like it fixed as I am now playing this on another computer, cannot download items I have paid for, worlds, etc.....Not all showing up in origin anymore either...so wondering what on earth good that is?  Thanks.  Do the SIMS3 techies even read these?

Message 4 of 6 (2,225 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @irrilia,

If you are having trouble logging in on the launcher, please try the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer - do this even if you normally do not use IE11
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

After this try logging in again.

Let us know how you get on.

- Kristi

Message 5 of 6 (2,220 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

I know it's been 2 years since there was a reply to this, but, I just want others to know that this works. I tried to login to The Sims 3 launcher for hours. Origin worked. Logging in to SIMS 3 Web site worked. Just not logging into the launcher or in-game. Never would have figured resetting Internet Explorer would change anything. It did. Thank you again!

Message 6 of 6 (1,896 Views)