Change The Sims 3 Store Username

by LoboMetalurgico

Original Post

Re: How can I change my Sims3.com username? Is there any way to?

@mooncosmics  No, sorry, there isn't a way to change your username on that site.  It might have been possible in the past, but the EA community managers have confirmed that it's not anymore.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 32 (364 Views)

Re: Please, please let us change our Sims 3 specific ID.

@elsieairhead  I'm sorry that it isn't possible to change the ID.  It hasn't been for a long time, if it ever was.  And since the related sites are no longer being updated, this is unlikely to change.

I wish I had a better answer.

Message 12 of 32 (1,572 Views)

Re: Please, please let us change our Sims 3 specific ID.

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Sorry to hear your current username brings back undesired memories @elsieairhead, it's the opposite of what we would want.

puzzlezaddict is right, unfortunately: when advisors are telling you no it's not because they don't want to help. Once a name is chosen for a The Sims 3 account, we cannot change it.

While I understand this doesn't help you with The Sims 3, when designing The Sims 4 this was improved. The Sims 4 uses your EA Account ID and so can be updated at any time. But as you can see, The Sims 3 was built using a completely different system.

Message 13 of 32 (1,838 Views)

Re: Change my username on the Sims 3 website?

★★★★ Novice

Anyone have an answer for this yet? My username has my dead name in it and it's kinda ridiculous that I can't change it :/ it shouldn't be this difficult to do. Just takes a simple change from EA

Message 14 of 32 (1,522 Views)

Re: Change my username on the Sims 3 website?

@OswinLightwood  I've merged your post with a more current thread on the same issue.  Please see EA_Mai's post immediately above yours.

Message 15 of 32 (1,498 Views)

Change Sims 3 username

★★ Novice

Hello! I was wondering if I could change my Sims 3 username to match my new Origin name. I thought it would change automatically, but it did not. Thank you!

Message 16 of 32 (1,227 Views)

Re: Change Sims 3 username

★★★ Newbie

hi no I don't believe so as I have tried to many times over the years myself

Message 17 of 32 (1,213 Views)

Re: Change Sims 3 username

@simygdala  If you mean your username on www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com , then no, it's not possible to change that regardless of your other account details.  Even EA customer support can't change it.  Sorry.

Message 18 of 32 (1,206 Views)

Change The Sims 3 Store Username

★ Novice

Hello!

I contacted Support about Username change from The Sims 3 Store. They told me that they couldn't do this but that it was to get in touch here that it might be possible to make this change.

This is the situation: my Origin account has a different nick from the user who is in The Sims 3 store and I wanted both to have the same name. Would it be possible?

Message 19 of 32 (1,318 Views)

Re: Change The Sims 3 Store Username

@LoboMetalurgico  It's not possible to change your Sims 3 Store username, sorry.  I've asked EA community managers about this more than once, and the answer is that there's no way for either a user or support to change it.

Message 20 of 32 (1,298 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help