Re: Change Sims 3 website username

by dlivikS

Original Post

Change Sims 3 website username

★★ Novice

I know this had been asked so many times, but how to do it? I have not log in for a long time and there used to be an option to chat with EA advisor but now only call. I'm not comfortable in calling by phone. So, is there any other way? Please help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (7,048 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BochaBaim You can change you user name by opening Origin - click Origin in the upper left - click EA account and billing.. - next to basic information click edit - answer security question - first item on top is ID - after you change it click save on the bottom.

Message 2 of 9 (7,033 Views)

★★ Novice
That's for Origin and I'm aware of it. I'm asking for Sims 3 website. Does that change on Origin will reflect Sims 3 website and other related sites to?
Message 3 of 9 (7,028 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BochaBaim I believe it does but I'll admit I never tried it so I'm not 100% sure (but I think it does).

Message 4 of 9 (7,020 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @BochaBaim,

Although it usually works as @roberta591 explains for newer games, in this case changing the name in Origin doesn't change it on thesims3.com. You will need to ask one of our advisors, they might be able to change it for you.

Try to use this link to access the chat Wink

-Mai

Message 5 of 9 (7,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai thank you!! I know this long ago, but you think I'll be able to get an advisor to change the username if I ask?
Message 6 of 9 (4,269 Views)

@dlivikS  No, sorry, it's not possible to change your username on the Sims 3 site anymore.  I asked about it recently, and it was confirmed that even EA support can't do it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 9 (4,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Aw, really?
Well, thanks for the reply.
Message 8 of 9 (4,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

Aww Come On, I Typed In The Username With A Typo

Message 9 of 9 (2,938 Views)