Change Origin Store Country Location?

by lboosmommy

Original Post

Change Origin Store Country Location?

★★★ Novice

I'm stationed in Japan and the Origin store is defaulting to Japan as my location, Japanese as the language, and Yen as the currency. Is there a way to get it to default to the settings as if I was still in the USA?

Message 1 of 6 (40,973 Views)

Re: Change Origin Store Country Location?

★★ Novice

Same here. I recently moved to Poland from Canada. I don't speak Polish yet, but Origin is only giving me the Polish version of the store. Worse, I picked up Crysis 3, and it's apparently Polish only (or I could have installed with Russian I think)! I didn't see anything on the store page that would suggest that it didn't include English, but then again, I don't read Polish very well. Until I can shop through the Canadian store again, I do not intend to buy anything more on Origin.

Message 2 of 6 (40,844 Views)

Hero

Might be possible using a proxy but other than that, Origin checks your IP.

Best you can do is contact Customer Support and complain about it, maybe EA decides to change it's way if they get many people complaining (not that I have much hope though).

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (40,841 Views)

★ Novice

I contacted customer support. They told me to buy a pirated version! Yes, pirated version. I don't think they give a dim about it. I think they make enough profit anyway.

Message 4 of 6 (35,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrictwell it's been 7 years aaaaand you guessed it nothing's changed

Message 5 of 6 (8,049 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @jethromk2,

This is a really old thread and the issues that occurred back then would not be caused by the same factors now, thanks for patches and updates. If you're having a similar issue now, could you open a new thread and add details about what you're seeing now as well as what steps you've taken so far to fix it. I'll lock this necro'd thread in the meantime.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (8,006 Views)