Change Game Pathing?

by DayDreamer0215

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change Game Pathing?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I have a problem with the Sims 4. The problem is that my game keeps changing where it is loading saves from, and I have no way to change it back. Currently, it is loading games from the admin account on my pc. I want it to load from my personal account. It is getting frustrating that this keeps happening. 

This is the second time the game has switched loading location. I had to make a new account just to fix this situation the first time around. Does anyone know if you can manually change where the game loads from?

Edit: I just noticed that another game of mine, Dragon Age Inquisition, is loading and saving under the admin account too. Can I change that? Some additionally information about this problem is that I had to give DAI admin privileges in order to launch it the first around before I determined that my anti-virus was blocking it.  

Message 1 of 10 (533 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Change Game Pathing?

[ Edited ]

@DayDreamer0215

I think the problem is the elevate rights you gave to DAI.

My guess is that forcing DAI into Admin mode also forced Origin and the Sims 4 to use your Administrator account on execution.

And so it also uses the Profile of your Administrator account for the save games. 

Did you ended the Administrator mode for DAI?

Do you also run Origin in Administrator mode? (Does it prompt you for higher privileges at start)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (468 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @DayDreamer0215

the game usually uses the path of the account you are logged in.

Does your other account not have admin rights ? Best thing to do is give the personal account admin rights also cause games usually need that to work properly.

I don't know if that's the cause for it though. You might have a specific reason why your personal account doesn't have though so, if that's not a way for you to take, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No, my personal account doesn't have admin rights. I made my personal account so that I didn't have to use my admin account. The game was working fine on my personal account until recently when it switched.

Edit: When I logged into my admin account, it was using pathing to my personal account.

Message 3 of 10 (505 Views)

Hero
Generally for all stuff or just the Sims game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (497 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
My personal account used to work for all of my Origin games. Now, everything is being loaded/saved to my admin account even when playing under my personal account.
Message 5 of 10 (485 Views)

Hero

But if you click on documents in the windows file system, are you taken to your admin account or your personal one when you're logged in with the personal one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (481 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
My personal account goes to my personal account's documents and downloads etc.
Message 7 of 10 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DayDreamer0215

I think the problem is the elevate rights you gave to DAI.

My guess is that forcing DAI into Admin mode also forced Origin and the Sims 4 to use your Administrator account on execution.

And so it also uses the Profile of your Administrator account for the save games. 

Did you ended the Administrator mode for DAI?

Do you also run Origin in Administrator mode? (Does it prompt you for higher privileges at start)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 8 of 10 (469 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I removed the admin privileges and... ta da. You were right. My problem is fixed. 😄
Message 9 of 10 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DayDreamer0215

Good to hear. Have fun gaming.

(Thanks to @crinrict for tagging!)

Message 10 of 10 (452 Views)