Celebrities have all disappeared after university added

by bjlevett

Original Post

Celebrities have all disappeared after university added

★★ Novice

Hi - I have all the expansions except World adventures, Showtime and Supernatural. Playing previously with everything upto seasons I had no problems with gaining celebrity stars, however, since starting a new Sims for university it appears all the celebrities have lost their stars. I played in Bridgeport and befriended all those Sims living in the houses showing on the "map to the stars" (the big ones over the water), formed a band and got to level 8 of the athletic job but still no Celebs anywhere. All the folks living in the map to the stars houses were just regular Sims - though they had all got jock/nerd/rebel social groups now.

I checked my advanced demographic and I do have vampires turned off but celebrities is definitely ticked and the opt out box for my own household is not.

So I go back and start a new game as that actor guy Matthew Hammer (or something like that) and he's got no stars to start with. So I go into edit town and swap my active household to every single "map to the stars household" - none of them had stars.

Is this a conflict with the new social groups or am I just being really dumb and missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (955 Views)

Re: Celebrities have all disappeared after university added

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ? Is that guy that has no points from the start also in a social group ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (950 Views)

Re: Celebrities have all disappeared after university added

★★ Novice
Hi - no mods at all and only items added been official ea from the store! The guy is not showing as one of the new social groups - but that seems to be added as random - some girl was a level 10 jock in bridgeport on day 2 - which would appear impossible- I've played through two full sim weeks in bridge port and not met a single celeb - all the VIP rooms are empty and I've had a sim in every one most nights just as a test? I'm really confused now coz I'm still getting celeb wishes etc ( gain a star and the like) but not one single celeb in the game anymore?
Message 3 of 3 (946 Views)