by JasonVega2

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Celebrities Revert To Celebrity Walkstyle For Rotational Play

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CL, CD, S, GF, IL, OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP, MSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the celebrity walkstyle to "normal" than switch to another household. Observe the Celebrity Sim - they have gone back to the celebrity walkstyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "use normal walkstyle" option does not persist when you switch play to a different household. Unlike the "fame shine" there is no option to turn it off unless you are actively playing that Sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect my chosen walkstyle to persist whether I am playing that Sim or not. If that cannot be done, then an option to change it on any celebrity Sim would be okay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The celebrity walkstyle is amusing - but only on SIms that I am not trying to interact with. The celebrity walkstyle is so SLOW that interactions frequently cancel while waiting for the Sim to get there. Since a lot of my SIms have become celebrities, this means that interactions between families that I play has become difficult at best. I am very careful to make sure that the walkstyle is "normal" before I switch households - but as soon as I make the switch, the walkstyle reverts to the celebrity style.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (1,887 Views)

Re: Celebrities Revert To Celebrity Walkstyle During Rotational Play

Hero
@JasonVega2 I'm unable to replicate the issue.

Do the go back to not having the walkstyle when you switch back ? For me my celebrity family walks normal when I don't play them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,869 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

No, I have to reset the walkstyle to "normal" when I switch back.

It persists while I am playing the family, but not once I switch to another household.

Message 3 of 14 (1,866 Views)

Hero
@JasonVega2 I switch to another family in my game and the setting persisted for me.

Could you try a new save that never saw any mods for testing and check if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,853 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You're quite right @crinrict  A new game that never had mods works as expected. My original game is ruined.

Message 5 of 14 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @JasonVega2 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,798 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, of course. Give me a day or so, though. I've got nearly 400 save points in that one file, and I'll have to cut that down to the most recent one or two. All of them together is *massive*!
Message 7 of 14 (1,774 Views)

Hero
@JasonVega2 I'm moving this to tech for now.

We'll continue with the troubleshooting when you have time to send me the save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,749 Views)

Played Celebrities Change Back to Celebrity Walk

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a celebrity who has the celebrity walk-style. Turn back to their old walk-style. Play for a while with this sim or with another household.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I play with the celebrity sim they will eventually change back to the celebrity walk-style without me telling them to. If I play with another household they will change back to the celebrity walk-style when I meet them in public.
What do you expect to see? That celebrity sims don't forget to use their original walk-style when I've told them to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

--

Message 9 of 14 (1,707 Views)

Re: Played Celebrities Change Back to Celebrity Walk

Hero
@SqueamishNerd I merged your post with an existing thread on this.

I did some troubleshooting back when it was first reported and it seems pretty random.

Does it happen for all Sims for you or also just one specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,693 Views)