Cc won't work after Nov Update

by dellaetera

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cc won't work after Nov Update

★★ Novice

I won't play Sims 4 anymore! It stressed me so much the last weeks! Since the November Update I can't use cc or mods. I tried everything however there is always the text "Blablabla, mods are deactivated, Blablabla turn it on and restart the game, blablabla". I did EVERYTHING. I still CAN'T play with CC or Mods. And without these, I won't play.

I hope for some answers and a NEW update so I can play again. Or I won't. I loved Sims so much but no I just hate it and I'm literally sad about it. It was always my favorite game. No its not. 

Message 1 of 7 (580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cc won't work after Nov Update

★★ Novice

Got it! I deleted and reinstalled Sims 4. Now its workink with cc and mods. Thanks for help tho!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (509 Views)

All Replies

@dellaetera  The usual causes of this particular issue are either that your options.ini file is corrupt and not saving your changes, or that the game is blocked from writing to that file.  For the first, try deleting options.ini, in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and letting the game spawn a new one.  For the second, try the steps listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (539 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you, I will try that.
Message 3 of 7 (526 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict it didnt help Frown I still cant use cc and mods.
Message 4 of 7 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

Got it! I deleted and reinstalled Sims 4. Now its workink with cc and mods. Thanks for help tho!

Message 5 of 7 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. When you deleted the game did you have to pay to reinstall it?

Message 6 of 7 (397 Views)

@kmcc02  You don't need to pay to reinstall Sims 4.  The game is owned by your EA/Origin account, not your computer, and you can install it as many times and on as many systems as you like.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (378 Views)