Re: Cc won’t show up on sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Cc won’t show up on sims 3

★★★ Novice

So I’ve downloaded a bit off CC for my sims 3 and I have installed it into my game. It shows that it is thier in my installs and downloads but every time I go on my game and create a sim my CC doesn’t show up. I’m using a MacBook btw

Message 1 of 31 (38,928 Views)

@Unreal_Harreh_St 

I've moved your post from the Sims 4 forum to the Sims 3 forum for better troubleshooting. I don't think it is a Mac specific issue but @puzzlezaddict should hopefully be able to help you further Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 31 (38,887 Views)

★★★ Novice
Oh gosh!😱 so sorry I didn’t even look what the sims I was putting it under. Thankyou Standard smile
Message 3 of 31 (38,881 Views)

@Unreal_Harreh_St  Please make sure to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and definitely any time you install (or uninstall) content.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Please also make sure that the "run without custom content" box is not checked in the launcher.  You can find it under the Installed Content tab.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 31 (38,880 Views)

★★★ Novice
Do I have to put my CC in mods file or downloads? Standard smile
Message 5 of 31 (38,870 Views)

@Unreal_Harreh_St  Any cc in with the file extension .package needs to go in Mods\Packages, just like mods do.  Any cc in Sims3Pack form needs to go in Downloads, where it can then be installed via the launcher.  And of course, any compressed file (.zip is the most common type) needs to be expanded before it can be used; you can unzip most files with a double-click.

Message 6 of 31 (38,855 Views)

★ Novice

anks so much!!

Message 7 of 31 (37,833 Views)

★ Novice

i put all the SIMS3PACK files in downloads but they r not showing up in launcher, what shall i do?

Message 8 of 31 (37,827 Views)

@zacwestmore  Are they all in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads?  It's possible that Sims 3 is reading a different game folder than the one where you put the downloads.  To find out, check the last modified date on the file labeled deviceconfig.log, also inside the Sims 3 game folder.  It should match the last time you launched the game.  If it doesn't, then this isn't the folder being used.

If this isn't the issue, try moving all the files out of Downloads, put just one back in, and let me know whether the launcher reads it properly or not.

Message 9 of 31 (37,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hello ! I have been checking forums and threads searching for this answer for so long !! Thank you for your help throughout, I finally fixed my CC thanks to you !
Message 10 of 31 (32,835 Views)