by fairyblossoms

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cats and dogs training glitches

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all but spa day game packs , and toddler stuff and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a single women in CAS 2. Create a puppy in CAP 3. Start on an empty house area and build one
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs there is no option to walk my puppy, or train it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option to train my dog or walk it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This while bug might be normal, I just got cats and dogs today. But all the tutorials I read said there was the option, I’ve also seen on Carl’s forum , on how to use pets that their are others with the same issue and they fixed it by putting up their puppy for adoption then readopting it.
Message 1 of 5 (462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cats and dogs training glitches

Champion (Retired)

@ActuallySammy

Not sure, but I thought this was by design. That you can't train or walk a puppy. You have to wait until they're adult. They can on the other hand be taught to pee outside and such.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (500 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@ActuallySammy

Not sure, but I thought this was by design. That you can't train or walk a puppy. You have to wait until they're adult. They can on the other hand be taught to pee outside and such.

Message 2 of 5 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you link the guides where you've seen that you can train/walk puppies ? 

You can lecture them, maybe you mean this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (429 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I have seen where it will give the option to walk or train about 50% of the time but then the training will start and then glitch out. The skill bar above the sim's head will even appear, give 1% of the training and then glitch. The skill bar will disappear and the puppy and female will just stand there until the timer is done. I have selected the go for a walk several times and nothing happens. The other 50% of the time, they're not even available to choose. This is very frustrating. 

Another issue im having is that the animals can't go up and down the stairs. or go for walks when they're at a festival. I have no mods enabled. 

Message 4 of 5 (394 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Like already mentioned Puppies can not be taken for walks or be trained.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (382 Views)