Cats and Dogs broke my game 2019

by MsgLnk

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cats and Dogs broke my game 2019

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought Cats and Dogs today and literally I was playing the game just before and it worked perfectly fine. I got Cats and Dogs, and suddenly when I try to open the game, it loads the screen and everything but I cant see the main menu. The music plays and the screen is white but I cant do anything. I also cannot close the game, to close it I have to turn off my laptop. I have turned it off and on three times now and nothing has changed. I did the dxdiag thing as well, I will attach it to this. 

Message 1 of 5 (149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cats and Dogs broke my game 2019

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @MsgLnk  

I don't actually read dx diags anymore (used to) but here are some tips in the meantime.

I'm also assuming you don't use any mods or cc if you do use cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining/fixing your game.  

The Cats and Dogs pack was quite a large expansion and proved to be an issue for quite a lot of people see the spoiler for some tips/links.

Spoiler

2 links that may help you with the requirements as they increased quite a bit for the game to run well.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (66 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @MsgLnk  

I don't actually read dx diags anymore (used to) but here are some tips in the meantime.

I'm also assuming you don't use any mods or cc if you do use cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining/fixing your game.  

The Cats and Dogs pack was quite a large expansion and proved to be an issue for quite a lot of people see the spoiler for some tips/links.

Spoiler

2 links that may help you with the requirements as they increased quite a bit for the game to run well.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 5 (67 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Your PC is below minimum requirements for the game and as C&D raised the requirements further you are now well below minimum requirements. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC-...

You need to contact Support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=technical-support to see if you can get a refund for the Expansion.

Message 3 of 5 (49 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank you!!

Message 4 of 5 (35 Views)

★★★ Guide

You're welcome @MsgLnk , glad it helped Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (25 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help