Cats and Dogs Download Issue

by darkdreamer253

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cats and Dogs Download Issue

★★★★ Novice
Every time I go to download cats and dogs, nothing happens. I click the button, but it doesn't appear in my downloads list. When I go into the game, it warns me that not of my packs have downloaded so they won't work. However, outside the game, it doesn't appear in my download list and doesn't start downloading if I click the button. It reads that I own, it simply won't do anything when I try to download.
Message 1 of 7 (1,882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cats and Dogs Download Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: My computer died and so I restarted my computed and started up Origin to try one of the solutions given, and Cats & Dogs started downloading. Not sure what the problem was, but resetting my computer seems to have fixed it. Not sure what was wrong, but if anyone else has this problem, the solutions suggested may work. I'm sure mine was just a fluke.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,861 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hi @darkdreamer253 

You may need to check through all the requirements as the Cats and Dogs pack was quite a large one, and has changed the requirements to run it.

Also, have you tried the little cog under the play button? If you right click it and choose 'repair' might help as well.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 7 (1,869 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sashas0nic

This is generally a problem with Origin, not the game Standard smile

@darkdreamer253

Clear Origin's cache.
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then run Origin as administrator.

If you still have problems downloading, In the Client, go to Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics, and enable Safe Mode Downloading. Does that make any difference?

Message 3 of 7 (1,853 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@darkdreamer253

Please check your Order History. When you look at Cats & Dogs does the status say Completed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (1,851 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The order is completed because I used to be able to play it, but had to uninstall Sims 4 due to computer issues.
Message 5 of 7 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: My computer died and so I restarted my computed and started up Origin to try one of the solutions given, and Cats & Dogs started downloading. Not sure what the problem was, but resetting my computer seems to have fixed it. Not sure what was wrong, but if anyone else has this problem, the solutions suggested may work. I'm sure mine was just a fluke.

Message 6 of 7 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me as well I’m going to try and restart my computer and see if that works if not what’s another solution? 

Message 7 of 7 (1,666 Views)