Cash Card Codes Not Working

by dollymasterking

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cash Card Codes Not Working

★ Newbie

I have a couple of EA Game cards that my sister purchased about a month ago. When I enter the PIN number it says that it is an invalid code. She has gotten them for me before and never had a problem with putting the codes in. That's $40.00 down the drain if I cannot add them to my account. Why is it doing this?

Message 1 of 8 (2,249 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cash Card Codes Not Working

Community Manager (retired)

We are aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when redeeming EA Cash or Retail cards for Origin, Gem, and Subscription purchases. We are working to address this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the frustration this has undoubtedly caused. Please stay tuned for an update on this issue.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (2,410 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Right now the service for this is down and ea will be sending an update on help.ea.com when they find a fix for this, i understand how u feel i just wasted about 50 on ea cash cards but im not worried about i know ea will have a fix for this soon i hope.

Message 2 of 8 (2,239 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We are aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when redeeming EA Cash or Retail cards for Origin, Gem, and Subscription purchases. We are working to address this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the frustration this has undoubtedly caused. Please stay tuned for an update on this issue.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 3 of 8 (2,411 Views)

★ Novice

Samr thing has heppend to me.  I've been trying to cash my card in since last week.  I am getting very aggravated here since I spent REAL money on this card.  There was a Sims 3 sale on the Origin site I wanted to use my card on - buy 1 get 1 free.  But now I can't.

My family doesn't have a lot of money and anything we spend is planned out in advance.  I only get so much money to put towards my games each month.  Very upset I cannot use it. 

Either fix this or give us compensation.  I just want the money credited to my EA account at this point.

Message 4 of 8 (2,209 Views)

★ Novice

Wish I would have known about this problem before I just spent $40 on worthless plastic. Good Job EA!! Totally worthless

Message 5 of 8 (2,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The card I have was bought in the United States, but I live in Canada.  It says on the back of the card that it is valid only in the US and Canada.  However, when I got to type my code in, it says:

"Sorry, you cannot redeem your card in this territory. Your card is valid only in the territory specified on the back of your EA cash card."

The card was purchased for $20.  Why is it telling me it is valid only in the territory specified on the back of the cash card, which is the US and Canada, and it is not being activated in Canada?

Also, is there a place in Canada that I can purchase an EA Card?  I have gone through stores in my area (Miramichi, New Brunswick) and nobody has anything at all that looks like it.  If there is, would it be possible for me to exchange the card I have for a Canadian card?

Please email me back at [edit: email address removed] or telephone me at <edit phone number for security reasons> if you can answer my questions.

Thank you,

Michael Hambrook

Message 6 of 8 (1,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My EA Cash Code is not working. Please call me at  <edit phone number this is a public forum>

Message 7 of 8 (1,677 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bng3956

you need to contact CS

contact CS
1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button