Re: Cas Demo Black Screen (with llama face)

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Thanks for that info. 

Does Origin show in your add/remove programs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 99 (3,090 Views)

★★ Novice

Also still having this problem. Origin and CAS are both listed in Programs and Features.

DxDiag:
http://pastebin.com/wg29h9AH

Message 82 of 99 (3,079 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Seems like you have a Nvidia card and a intel chip. Make sure your game runs on the card. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 99 (3,076 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Origin is installed properly. It shows up everywhere it's supposed to. But still, no dice. The llama haunts me.

Message 84 of 99 (3,031 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried everything suggested and still no joy. Unfortunately it's ended up in me getting another laptop which works perfectly with the demo. I hope everyone else has better luck with it than I did.

Message 85 of 99 (2,976 Views)

★ Apprentice

Could we possibly not list this as solved since there seem to be a good many people who still haven't found a resolution? 

Message 86 of 99 (2,948 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah, I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING that has been suggested--

Delete temp files, update windows and drivers, run Origin and the demo as an administrator, run both in compatibility mode, make a new admin on my computer, do a clean boot--my Origin still showed up in my Programs files after uninstalling the demo. I can't think of anything else to do, and no one seems to have any ideas.

I have a Windows 8.1, AMD Radeon graphics, more than enough memory and RAM to accommodate the game, and still nothing has helped. System Requirements Lab told me I should be able to run the game flawlessly, yet I am seeing a huge flaw here.
Message 87 of 99 (2,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Heya everyone,

Just to update you all, here are steps that you should try on your end if you are experiencing this issue. The order matters, so please stick to that if possible.

1. Check that you meet the minimum specs for the game. This includes installing all available Windows Updates.
  2. Update the drivers of all your devices.
  3. Run Origin & The Sims 4 Cas Demo as administrator.
  4. Check that anti-virus and security software are configured correctly.
  5. Run a Clean Boot. The goal is to close all programs in the background to ensure that none of them interferes as well as making sure that enough free system memory is available. Especially any programs with video-overlays maybe problematic.
  6. Try downloading and reinstalling Origin, as was suggested by redbadger22 here (thanks!) and confirmed as helpful by multiple users. Make sure that you check #3 & #4 again afterwards.

I have gone through all of this, but I am still not successful. What should I do now?

1. Please get back to us with the version number of your Origin Client. You can find it by clicking on "Help > About" in the top bar the client. It will say something like "Version 9.4.20.386 - 292191".
  2. Post a copy of your DxDiagThe easiest would be uploading it to a third party hoster, such as pastebin.com and just posting your link to it in here. Alternatively you can copy/paste the content of the file into here, but you will likely be forced to split it into multiple posts as a normal dxdiag unfortunately exceeds a character limit that we have put in place to avoid spam. If you do choose to paste it in here, please utilize the spoiler tag:

Spoiler01.png

Cheers,

Nils

Message 88 of 99 (2,912 Views)

★ Apprentice

http://pastebin.com/SV6zBEFD

I don't see it on my dxdiag but also I have a GPU GeForce GT 555M and that's what I use to run all my games and I am sure that I am using it to run this game. 

Origin Version 9.4.20.386 - 292191

Message 89 of 99 (2,881 Views)

Community Manager

@NocturnesRequiem Hi,

It is listed in your system devices, much further down. If the game realizes that it is present, and uses it when you start the game you should not be running into this error with your computer.

But I am thinking that this could be the reason for the issue that you are experiencing with your machine. The game might not correctly initialize your Geforce and instead tries to run it with the Intel HD chip. There is a pretty good write up how to ensure it is enabled here. Skip the remarks about the driver versions etc. listed there and just go to the section that starts with "First Method for enabling the NVidia GPU."

Outside of that, I would also recommend that you try updating the drivers for the Intel HD chip, not because you want CAS to use it, but because it might also hinder the switching.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 90 of 99 (2,873 Views)